The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Need help figuring out what this relay is

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agll30

Proven Member
Aug 25, 2014
Beaverton, Oregon
Hi guys so I bought my first dsm yesterday for 2100 and 128k low miles. Had a bad tranny and I found this wiring relay thing by the air box and I can't seen to figure out where it goes or what it is? I've tried looking on the wiring diagram but they are a bit confusing and searched as well but nothing came up. does anyone know what this yellow relay is?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    728 KB · Views: 116
Oh I forgot it's a 1997 mitsubishi eclipse and was dangling down by the air box.

That's the "generator relay" (aka alt relay). It is a backup in case the dash charge warning light doesn't work so that the alt field coil gets voltage to make the alt work.
Oh okay thanks. where this plug into? It looks damaged should I get a replacement?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back