The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

need help deciding on this intercooler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am not impressed for the price, what are your plans for the car down the road? Howmuch HP do you want to make?[DOUBLEPOST=1416945613][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are two name brand Intercooler kits, one cheaper and one a little more. Both of these will blow the Godspeed Chinese crap out of here. Personally I HIGHLY recommend the VRSF, I feel its the most popular and proven to work plus its cheaper with unmatched quality. I use VRSF parts on my BMW and DSM.
VRSF:
http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-2g-dsm...it-fmic-95-99-eclipse-talon-turbo-2g-dsm.html

Punishment Racing:
http://www.jnztuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=2636

Last edited:
I bought a god speed fmic but mines different. Both my pipes exit to the left side.
everything lined up

Well i compared both pics of all the piping and the vrfs doesnt seem to have the pipe with the little adapter for the blow off valve..

That is a complete kit enless you have a turbo that isnt down firing so you said 20g if you bought the tdo6 20g then its downfiring if tdo5 then you will need a jpipe which makes another 50ish its an amazing kit for the price best bang for your buck forsure

The reason there isnt much piping is because its for the shourtest possible routing on my 1g there was 2 pipes and thats it LOL i loved it less chance for boost leak

Does anyone know what hose goes into the pipe connected below the j-pipe im not sure what its for

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 71
[QUOTE="xiteamxi, i though the waistegate hose went to the sensor underneath the intake. ????

The wastegate hose/source will be close to the turbo ie the J-pipe. If by intake you mean the intake filter then, you must still have the boost control solenoid but lots of people delete that.

Imo the vrsf is a better option than the godspeed. They support the site, short route piping, good quality, and easy installation. Some of the ebay stuff comes with couplers and Tbolts that are just junk. I wouldn't trust the bov that comes with the godspeed ic either but thats just me. I am a bit biased due to what is in my avatar smiley face talon. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back