The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Need a local hand in Michigan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShockDSM

Proven Member
Dec 31, 2015
Dearborn, Michigan
Hey everybody, I'm looking for a local DSM'er to give me a hand with some tasks I've got ahead of me. I've really been treating this old car good as it was left sitting for a few years and needed lots of love. I've got a leaking transfer case on my 1990 GSX and could use a hand at replacing the seals and sealing/replacing the yoke if someone has done it before and wants to come by and help one evening or Sunday, I'll feed you with delicious meats and cheeses and dough, ranch AND marinara, and return the favor!

I also have a clutch that feels as though it's slipping and I believe it might be the rear main seal leaking onto the flywheel. If we could check that out and verify I would like to do the rear main job also, not necessarily at the same time.
I ALSO have a brand new timing belt kit from STM (Mitsu pulleys, Mitsu timing tensioner, and balance shaft belt, kevlar gates racing T belt and waterpump) that I would like to put on the car with someone that has done a timing belt and waterpump job on a 1g with the motor in the car. Also got the timing belt toolkit from STM to help with the install, and can use to do timing belt job on your car if you need it!

My name is Rob, 313.701.4959 texting is fine

I have a heated garage. Don't have all the space in the garage I would like, but it is the only vehicle in the garage and there is room to work. I have a great jack, jackstands, and lots of tools/small air compressor If any special tools are required and you have them, if you could bring them that would be great!

I am located in Dearborn Michigan, at Cherry Hill and Outer Drive. Zip is 48124

pics are when I got the car and how it looks now a month later after some serious TLC.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hey rob just mapquested your address and your 3 hours away unfortunately.. I just recently got my 90 back on the road. I did a gates water pump, bushur racing timing belt and tensioner in mine. Also replaced all seals in transmission and transfer case and added a south bend clutch. feel free to message me with any questions

Awwww Joseph... that is exactly what I need to do to mine including maybe a rear main seal. Even the southbend clutch Is what I'm going with!! Having a 90 is a pain in the ass dude! I'm sure I'm gonna have tons of questions for ya..

Hey Rob. Been a while since ive been on the forum (my ride and i hibernate in the winter because we dont have a heated garage). I live in Flint so your only about an hour from me. I can give you a hand sometime

Absolutely, I'm close by. I have a ton of mods and stuff to do and it would be amazing to have a hand with some things. My names Rob. Hit me up 3I37OI4959

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back