The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Narrowband simulation heater circuit fault fix ( no link)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2G-BlackGst

Probationary Member
Nov 25, 2016
central point, Oregon
Again i have searched, and found many posts that answer everything but.. The heater fault code -P0135-. I have the innovate Mtx-l which has the narrow band simulation. (Wideband in front O2 location) But from what I understand the ecu will still throw a code while trying to heat the missing front O2. This is something I am am trying to remedy without Link. I have found everything from "use a resistor" (with no real ohm/watt rating) to "use a 6w light bulb" haha. So if there is anyone who can shed some light on this, that would be awesome.

You could always plug the stock o2 back in and tie it up. Just make sure it's somewhere out of the way that won't cause any damage from it heating up. I've done it to the rear one dont see why it would be any different. Do you have the mtxl wired to the ecu yet?

There is a way to make a box and strap it under the car. Easier, cheaper, and smarter to use the old sensor.

Why simulate narrowband if you don't have link? The main reason to use it is to free up another input to the ECU. Unless, I guess you're trying to avoid welding in a second bung?

Not so much trying to avoid it as I have the supplied bung. The O2 that was pulled out is older and instead of putting it back in why not run it this way? I have the gauge installed but not wired yet, Was waiting on replies first. I had thought of just plugging it back it and strapping it (I have done this in the past with other sensors) and since the signal is going to be intercepted/ replaced I think the ecu would be satisfied. But wasn't 100% sure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back