The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

my first dsm build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrclipse

Probationary Member
Sep 10, 2012
bristol, Connecticut
IscHow's it going everyone? This is gonna be my build journal about my 95 gsx. I bought her on craigslist back in November 2012. Paid 1200 bucks for it and all it needed was the motor put into the car. Or so I was told... I knew nothing about dsm's or turbos or anything like that. I bought it thinking it would be running in a month tops. I should have backed out when the kid said all the bolts needed were inside a old oil pan...

View attachment 153052

So I had it dropped off at my house and needed someone to put the motor in for me ### I lacked garage and the tools and the knowledge to do so LOL so I joined this website and found someone in my area. I got the car and motor out to him finally. A few days later I receive a text from him saying the cylinders are corroded :cry:

View attachment 153053

so it was time to go engine shopping... I thought I was saved when I found dsm graveyard. But luckily I checked them out on here and found nothing positive about them.
I hit up an old friend that I hadn't spoken to in years who has a really impressive 420a rs. He set me up with a fully built short block 6 bolt that had been completely machined already and I bought it for a huge steal. Came with je pistons, a .020 bore, balanced crank and balanced and shaved rods.

View attachment 153056

602870_10200677835845751_1250148567_n.jpg

Well today I finally brought the engine out to my buddies shop so we can get it running! :D I'm taking the flywheel to be machined, picking up an act sprung disc, and a few more odds and ends. I'll have more pics to come very soon. I absolutely wanna thank the vendors on here who have saved my butt multiple times by getting me the parts I need. I will have pics up real soon of the work we will be doing. Stay tuned!

Well the car has been slowly making progress. I got a new mishimoto intercooler, the clutch disc and throw out bearing. Unfortunately, my rods are no good and the turbo is shot. Also my thrust bearing is too big. So I'm getting some scat h beams, a new set of acl main bearings and a rebuilt 18g turbo with an external wastegate. Hooray for having to spend an extra 1400 bucks... Lol but myhopes are still high. If anyone has any advice, im def all ears :)

So to anyone reading or following this, sorry it's been so long since I've updated anything. I ended up leving the job I was at and have been having financial issues. The engine is almost completely ready finally! I just ordered a tial 38mm wastegate, hydraulic tensioner and some exhaust wrap. I plan to have her running on a stock tune by next weekend :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back