The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

My current daily steet build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alright, where to begin.

Got my first DSM on a trade in 2010-11 I had a 03 explorer and I was curious bout this turbo eclipse gst for sale, I checked it out while I had a for sale sign in the window. we went for a drive and I was hooked. I didn't want to offer to trade because he looked like a guy who did not want an explorer. well the very next day he calls me asking if I wanted to trade. I lit up. the whole time I left I was thinking how can I sell this right now to get that car. well my wishes were answered. drove it home the next day. Boy was I in for a surprise...when I got it it had the stock t-25, mishimoto radiator, narrowband gauge, some random exhaust, tokicko rear struts and springs I think, lowering springs on the front, and I believe that was it.

Last edited:
Heres after I test drove it.
also had an evo intercooler and some intake pipe. and a greddy bov (vented)
I didn't know anything about these cars. I didn't know what I was getting into, Car was awesome for a while, didn't have A/C told it needed charging, I was like yeah whatever.
255_zpscba0slv2.jpg

First%20day%202_zpsjjmb52hd.jpg
brough her home and gave her a wash.

First%20day%204_zpsvcekvk90.jpg

First%20day%205_zpsmjtlr2mr.jpg

First%20day%207_zpsa0dzqwlp.jpg

i forgot to add, the seller also had an awd that needed to be completed came with tons of extra parts, but wasnt offered to me at the time.

my car had tons of problems. First if you haven't already noticed the right radiator support rail , part of it is missing..yep, I didn't either. didn't seem like a huge deal to me yet. My first thing was to change the oil, coolant etc. basic maintenance..found the valve cover to be leaking so I replaced the gasket

IMG_1175_zpsatc47njh.jpg

still brand new at that point to DSMs

IMG_1199_zpsuechrzxn.jpg
cleaned it up and kept it as a daily for work

first few things I did was turn to here, dsmtuners and google. buddy told me to recirculate my bov and after research I did. ran tons better. found a guy local in Jax selling parts gor a 2g, my valve cover ended up having a crack (weird right?) and i met up with him. went to his house..

he hads tons of extra parts plus the dsm he had looked very familiar.. he said the same about my car. well he ended up buying the guys awd and finishing it and he got all the extra parts as well........parts from my car... I ended up buying bunch of interior parts, valve cover and other things from him.

damn thing looks pretty good.
IMG_1218_zpsmdb85tcb.jpg

picked up a evo16g from a guy parting his car out.
evo%20Viii%2016g_zpsxvvbnm3a.jpg

shaved the stash off
IMG_2294_zpsze4iizzb.jpg

IMG_2599_zpsbcxkkboq.jpg

installed and rewired a walbro 255 and installed afpr IMG_2627_zpsqqefosfx.jpg

took a 2 hour trip and had to have the heater on so the temps stayed down.. not smart but it worked..on my way back the alternator gave out and I stayed at a hotel..plus it was running very hot.. so I decided to get the 16g on, hell why not

CAM00272_zps2ldcqarw.jpg
CAM002741_zps4045b3b7.jpg

CAM00019_zpsnc3ugsue.jpg

I met the original owner at a meet and he said he fell asleep and crashed his car, which is why the damage on the radiator support.

It appeared to have some sort of drain issue resulting in the replacement of 3 alternators. Couldn't find the source... still, didn't have ac but when I turned the switch on the car would die. And the alt. Would be dead.. still it ran slightly hot. But now where near as bad. Could have been a leat tune pinhole somewhere l. We did multiple BLT, went over the car numerous times but ended up doing what we could and let it be. I was very careful with it until the day I sold it.it still ran good but had its demons.

Last edited:
For%20sale%20pics%201_zpsdxddhym8.jpg

For%20sale%20pics%203_zpsurl3eodm.jpg

For%20sale%20pics%204_zpsjbsadxoo.jpg

went to a bunch of meets, and the car ran pretty good, 90amp alt, 16g and it ran way better..
we believe the t25 had something to do with it..
constant work 0726122050_01_zpscklikhta.jpe

made it to IFO in Gainesville about 2 hours away, did greatCAM00369_zpstttvt1qi.jpe

imagejpeg_2_zpsqvmvpz1f.jpe

random meet pics dsm%20meet%20psw_zpseirsav7q.png
Midnight%20meet%205_zpsnu5cprvb.jpg
CAM00381_zpsf2130b26.jpg

I also picked up a 3" Tanabe exhaust for the car

Last edited:
well came the time to let it go, it was actually running the best ive had but needed to part ways. been through tons with this

so I said bye Felicia
CAM00935_zps04488689.jpg

few years later, joined the military and I came back, with a smarter mind..which brings me to my current car 97 gst.
CAM01268_zpszgbsm09u.jpgCAM012551_zpsqxw3bznb.jpg

car sat in a garage, had a 16g, tubular manifold, random 2.5 in exhaust, vrsf front mount, greddy bov. lowering springs (unknown brand ) tan leather in good shape. 18in wheels good tires.. said ac needed to be charged. well bought it and the test was put to it.. driving 2 hours home... considering my last long trip in a dsm i was very very nervous. but it did amazing... without a/c

more info when i get a chance

Thanks!
ill try to gt some more stuff up.

After coming back from training I had a solid plan to get another dsm It has to be reliable with a/c because I have to be able to travel, 2-3 hours of driving on highways..

and looking online and found one 2 hours away it was really attractive I went to go see it in person. I got the guys house I noticed that he had camouflage clothing so that made me feel a little more comfortable. He told me he bought the car for his but it wasn't for him so it just did it's at his garage for a little while. brand new tires on radio less than a month prior installed. He said the motor was rebuilt an the head have some work done to it. we took it for laps around, a few long stretches of road and I knew I was going to take it home that day.
It's already had some decent 18 inch wheels on it a big intercooler a greddy blow off valve and 2 and a half inch exhaust, crappy gauges and he said the a/c just needed a belt to be complete other than that everything else was almost perfect and also had to 12 inch subwoofers in the trunk once. well I took it home.

here it is not even home yet. CAM01233_zps0sr4jhqa.jpg

CAM01268_zpszgbsm09u.jpg
CAM012551_zpsqxw3bznb.jpg

when I got home I did the some maintenance immedietaly, I replace front motor mount, the thermostat, an ran royal purple oil in it. The first modification I did was ran a walbro 255 fuel pump, rewired. and a AFPR

Last edited:
picked up some automotive touchup spray online factory paint match...got to say worked pout good , with primer and clearcoat. temporary until I do the whole car.
20140612_185111_zps5tn7ll2p.jpg

20140612_194255_zpsiykha4u5.jpg

decided to dive into the A/C .. got a belt and found it to be too big....couldn't really find a smaller one, because I also found out I did not have there tensioner pulley..contacted a guy in Orlando with parts and bam he had one. , grabbed a few other things from him too... i'd eventually go back to him but that's later on.20140520_153717_zps38tv4k8k.jpg

while down in ft.lauderdale I found an ad selling a few parts, I made my way down south a little bit there and found the parts to mostly be junk..as I was leaving he said I have these, ill sell for 40 bucks, SAFC-II and a greddy turbo timer... sure I guess... man I was excited.LOL good deal on my end.installed both the same day.

picked up some FIC 660CC injectors. and installed a VC I got from Orlando.
IMG_20140628_153346_zpsirhreiv2.jpg

A few months go by after daily driving, and suddenly at a traffic light the clutch falls., the pedal won't come up, luckily im in 1st gear and can get out of the way. found my carpet to be soaked inside and a puddle underneath.. found out later to be slave and master cylinder dead... didn't expect that.. I did however notice the carpet to be a bit darker then the otherside... didn't expect that because my last car did not have this issue.... we home we went IMG_20140529_122325_zps4fx6fexg.jpg

replaced those and car is great, no issues... well knew it wasn't long.. driving over a bridge I hear something blow out..sounded like a tire, lost power steering but drove unlike a tire had gone flat. , luckily I was fairly close to home so I made it there expecting to see a tire blown out. Nothing. looking deeper and found it to be the PS pump toasted. so to Orlando I went, and he had what I neede, PS pump for 10$. its on and back in action.

now, the suck and had me going crazy.. the walbro was a little bit louder then normal the last few days and then one day the car was suddenly sputtering, the fuel pump was screaming louder then walbros usually do ..i had loss of power like it was choking.. researched symptoms and checked the plugs, still good, NGK bprs and ngk wires all in good shape.. I saw coil packs could do it... so 200$ later still same issue, noticed FP not right so looked into that and saw a bad fuel filter could be it.. bingo.. kind of. replaced it and the walbro calmed down and it was good to go, bad gas I thought well then shit it happened again I did everything I could find and think of except pull the fuel pump... damn the strainer didn't look good. Overnighted one and replaced it. were back baby! well for a little while20140902_1450520_zpssijrngji.jpg

Happened a few more times and I kept pulling the strainer out and cleaning it the best I could while on the road..I mean I literally had to pull off the highway and clean it the best I could, multiple times I did.. even with new strainers it happened, then while all of this going on, I smelled coolant, saw a small puddle and though...im burning this car. well I replaced the upper hose drove off and smelled it still and pulled the hose off and found that I broke part of the kneck off..got the hose back on gently and went to a hotel.. called advance and the had one in stock WHEW!!! well couldn't have happened at a better time, the hose shot off.... sweet...oh yeah im also 2 hours across the state right now..1410205486837_zps8qlcm1lr.jpg

20140908_155247_zpsqzp1wnza.jpg

Well after I got the radiator replaced I knew I still have the mystery fuel issues. Still, constantly cleaning the strainer.. well then somehow I never thought of it.. why don't I replace the tank. Because after a few fill ups I realized it wasn't bad gas anymore.. I was at auto zone again and the car didn't want to start. Still 2 hours away and now it started to rain.. holy crap if I never experienced bad luck I would have thought the devil himself previously owned this car and was still lingering. Messed with it over a at least 2 hours.. not knowing what to do. In and out that pump came, I noticed that the pump wasn't even turning on. I thought I was dead. Tried pushing the car to maybe give it that jump. Nothing.. well after I cussed evert word I knew and decided to sell it, it started. I straight drove home. With a close ear on the pump for any sound change.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back