my car smells rich, really strong, what to do?

Posted by seamus7, Jan 30, 2009
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. seamus7

seamus7 Proven Member

InFrontOfU, New_York
    hey guys i know the answer is right in front of me. I swapped my 440's to 550's and thats when it began to smell rich, big time. it was tuned for 440's. now that i put in the 550's and im piping in the front mount... what is the quick fix? the only problem is... its my daily driver so the little time im working on it, it has to be done so that i can drive it. what do i do? i planned on putting in the aem wideband and having it tuned again. any suggestions?WTF:dsm:

2. zero97tsi

zero97tsi Proven Member

Duluth, Minnesota
    ummm.... either get it tuned with 550's or go back to before....WTF

3. knochgoon24

knochgoon24 DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    Rochester Hills, Michigan
    Put the old injectors back in until you can get it tuned again. That is the quick fix. You can put the injectors in in the parking lot of the tuning place. No point in running it pig rich.

4. eeeewidner

eeeewidner Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    portland, Oregon
    As stated above, go with what your car is tuned to. Put the old injectors back in...

5. jjgrizz73

jjgrizz73 Proven Member

Carbondale, Pennsylvania
    what are you using to tune?

6. nkosi

nkosi Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    montreal, QC_Canada
    I see u have S-AFC u should the correction for the 550cc injectors in the s-afc at around -10% to start and work from there ...but u need some sort of feed back equipment like a datalogger or wideband to see what your trims are at and use those to tune the car ...:thumb::thumb:

7. seamus7

seamus7 Proven Member

InFrontOfU, New_York
    thanks guys, and jjgrizz73... your car pops right out at you i looked up your pics and damn man sweet ride!