The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My 420a build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^LOL.. you cant just "go bolt in a 2.4 form a stratus", not even close to that simple... please.. if you dont know dont respond.

He would need a list of dffernt items, and fabbed parts to run a 2.4..

OP. Just stay away from OBX. didnt you learn anything from your stock ebay build.. that blew up? OBX is the same crap. yes some have ran it fine, some havent. why risk it? go with what works.

What bearing are you running and at what tolerances? stock tols are only good for so much. Id work with your machine shop to figure out whats best for the application.. If they say stock is fine, Id go somewhere else that has actual knowlege..GL!

A custom motor mount and a bit of wiring isnt very much, already helped on one of these swaps and its not rocket science.

i didnt say he could "bolt in a 2.4 from a stratus". I said he could use a 2.4 block with the dohc head. I didnt bother with intense detail because if hes interested, he can search and find TONS of info and write-ups.

Just another option that may be more cost effective than a full on stroker setup. No need to be short or rude.

^LOL.. you cant just "go bolt in a 2.4 form a stratus", not even close to that simple... please.. if you dont know dont respond.

He would need a list of dffernt items, and fabbed parts to run a 2.4..

OP. Just stay away from OBX. didnt you learn anything from your stock ebay build.. that blew up? OBX is the same crap. yes some have ran it fine, some havent. why risk it? go with what works.

What bearing are you running and at what tolerances? stock tols are only good for so much. Id work with your machine shop to figure out whats best for the application.. If they say stock is fine, Id go somewhere else that has actual knowlege..GL!

The shop I took to is a performance Machine shop. He asked me if it was gonna be a dd, drag car ect. If it was gonna be turbo charged and how much boost I was gonna run. He was also checking all the tolerances.

Finally got my block back from the Machine shop. It ran me $670 washed, bore and honed, crank grinded, crank polished, ACL bearing kit main and rod, balanced, and assembled short block.

Attachments

• 20121208_115210.jpg
    20121208_115210.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 20121208_115049.jpg
    20121208_115049.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 105
Wow. That's realy not a bad price. What's the name of the shop you used? There arnt any around Shreveport with sending to

I got some new parts last week crower springs and retainers, arp, water pump, gasket set, CV joints, and lifters. I also painted the block black.

Attachments

• 20130307_175154.jpg
    20130307_175154.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 20130228_140820.jpg
    20130228_140820.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 95
I really like the build man. Hope to see some good numbers out of it when your done. I should have my 420a turbo running again this weekend.

Yeah I am going to use a stock crank pulley and clutch im still undecided. And I will be using megasquirt 3.

Personally i wouldnt use the stock clutch with a moddified motor. i have a 10.5 comp that will be turbo'd soon, i went with spec stage 2 with the n/a and regret it. im hoping it will hold up when i go over 300hp. Unorthadox pulley makes the car really responsive compared to the heavy stock pulley. Just dont lighten the flywheel and it will drive like stock but rev faster.

as far as clutch im a big fan of my stage 3+ spec clutch with 6 puck, grips hard an doesnt slip at all, i also took a risk and instead of getting a quaffie lsd, i decided to go with one of the new rebuilt obx's by ed peters an absolutely love it the car fells like a completely different car with the clutch an lsd combo!

Thats sweet man I heard lots of bad things about the obx lsd. I do believe in some of there parts tho, how much did it cost for that? Ed peters? new obx lsd?

I really like the build man. Hope to see some good numbers out of it when your done. I should have my 420a turbo running again this weekend.

Me too and thanks. It's getting there slowly.

Personally i wouldnt use the stock clutch with a moddified motor. i have a 10.5 comp that will be turbo'd soon, i went with spec stage 2 with the n/a and regret it. im hoping it will hold up when i go over 300hp. Unorthadox pulley makes the car really responsive compared to the heavy stock pulley. Just dont lighten the flywheel and it will drive like stock but rev faster.

No I am going to get a aftermarket
I just don't know which one yet.

as far as clutch im a big fan of my stage 3+ spec clutch with 6 puck, grips hard an doesnt slip at all, i also took a risk and instead of getting a quaffie lsd, i decided to go with one of the new rebuilt obx's by ed peters an absolutely love it the car fells like a completely different car with the clutch an lsd combo!

I was looking at that one the other day thinking about getting it.

I finally got it dropped in. I still need to get gear oil, put my CV joints in and bleed the brakes and clutch and put thebrake calipers on back on.

Attachments

• 20130422_133504.jpg
    20130422_133504.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 122
Thats sweet man I heard lots of bad things about the obx lsd. I do believe in some of there parts tho, how much did it cost for that? Ed peters? new obx lsd?
I would feel confident in getting one of these. Ed (well his crew) get them in and go through them to fix/machine if necessary, all the poor quality parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back