The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My 2gb awd talon build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I have a question.
Did you install both trans and
Long block mated together.
Or one at a time?
Based on your painted engine bay .

I'm going to be doing this soon. And I'm concerned about scratching the bay up.
So I don't know why it did not note what I wrote. So we put it in as a whole. I acquired a few nicks but nothing that can't be touched up. Good luck with your project. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

So I have a question.
Did you install both trans and
Long block mated together.
Or one at a time?
Based on your painted engine bay .

I'm going to be doing this soon. And I'm concerned about scratching the bay up.

I also painted my bay, granted nothing like this good, but I'm old school and have always dropped these cars engine and trans mated together. However, because of issues with my back and missing parts I went with putting it in separately for the first time ever. And I have to say that using an engine hoist for the trans made it very very simple and no scratches on my newly painted bay.

I also painted my bay, granted nothing like this good, but I'm old school and have always dropped these cars engine and trans mated together. However, because of issues with my back and missing parts I went with putting it in separately for the first time ever. And I have to say that using an engine hoist for the trans made it very very simple and no scratches on my newly painted bay.
Lol, yeah age delegate how you attack certain jobs. I have a bad knee and shoulder due to an 18 wheeler accident, so I take it easier that I used to.

Who do we talk to in regards to the water neck/thermostat housing? I'd like to purchase that setup.

I received my stainless flex pipe in last week. We have gotten most of the exhaust complete. Just need to finish the rear section for the muffler. I will load picks when it is complete. Tomorrow I put fluids in her and get everything lubed and check for hose leaks.
20160708_182710_zpsdcfogyb1.jpg
20160708_182749_zpszr7jzjjo.jpg

very excited to see a start up video. This car is absolutely gorgeous and the attention to detail makes me smile. We need more DSM's like this.

Can you please answer one thing. I see a lot of Frontline Fab products. On your car.
Catchcan.
Power steering.
what is the top left one? brake reservoir?
What is the one sitting where the fuse box is suppose to go? coolant overflow?

Are these one off items. I didn't see them on his website.

Thanks,
20160401_213017_zpsf2aq9yml-jpg.296868.jpg

very excited to see a start up video. This car is absolutely gorgeous and the attention to detail makes me smile. We need more DSM's like this.

Can you please answer one thing. I see a lot of ******** Fab products. On your car.
Catchcan.
Power steering.

Thanks,
View attachment 308062
Thank you so much. The top right one is the brake and clutch reservoir, the top left is the catch-can, the one in the fuse-box position is the coolant reservoir.

Can you please answer one thing. I see a lot of ******** Fab products. On your car.
Catchcan.
Power steering.

Thanks,
View attachment 308062
I looked at your photos, your car is nice as well.

So I got Braille batteries in today. They are 11lb 904 ca. They will be parallel.
I also Bought remote charging terminals and a cut off switch. Any advice where I should mount the cut-off switch?
20160818_204050_zpsjxctsja9.jpg

So I got Braille batteries in today. They are 11lb 904 ca. They will be parallel.
I also Bought remote charging terminals and a cut off switch. Any advice where I should mount the cut-off switch?
View attachment 310835
Depends if youre competing in anything track related. There are rules if that's the case.

What suspension are you running? Those strut covers look really clean.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back