The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

My 2g 6 Bolt Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoolin98

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2004
Easton, Pennsylvania
As some of you may know, A few months back I had a unfortunate mishap with my 7 bolt that resulted in me pulling my motor and going for a 6 bolt swap. Over the past few months I have been modding my car extensively in preparation for the motor. So far I have installed a -6an fuel line from the tank to the engine bay with a high flow filter. I have also install some new gauges: Fuel pressure, Oil Temp, Water Temp, and Oil pressure. Along with that I moved my battery to the trunk, removed the A/C, installed a SS clutch line, and test fitted my new FMIC. I have the block and head sitting in my room waiting to be put together. That will be coming soon, but for now, here are some pictures of what I have done so far. I hope you guys/girls enjoy, there is more to come.

I want to send a special THANKS to my boy Brian (AandPmechanic) for helping me out with all this work and future work. Good looking out!

Here are some pics of the fuel line installed.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5,940
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 5,968
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 5,889
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 5,812
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 5,723
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 5,630
Here are a few pictures of how I ran the gauge wires through the firewall.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 5,253
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 5,332
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 5,455
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 5,568
Here are some pictures of my mounted fire extinguisher and power distribution strip for my gauges and fuel pump. The fuel pump is not currently installed thats why you only see one wire. Also, a 20 amp push button circuit breaker for my gauges.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 4,972
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 5,060
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 5,135
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 5,153
Here are some pictures of my Apexi Turbo Timer along with all my autometer carbon fiber gauges.

EGT
BOOST
A/F
WATER TEMP
OIL TEMP
FUEL PRESSURE
OIL PRESSURE

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 4,650
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 4,705
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 4,734
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 4,846
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 4,917
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 4,560
Here are some pictures of the FMIC being test fitted and the bumper trimming I did.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 4,368
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 4,369
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 4,448
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 4,489
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 4,547
These are the most recent pictures taken today after the clutch line install.

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 4,149
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 4,195
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 4,232
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 4,265
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 4,300
Looking good. I love to see someone taking the time to do a job right and paying attention to all the little details that most people overlook. :dsm: :rocks:

Only thing that concerns me is that I don't see any insulation provisions for your power distribution strip. -?

Thanks for the compliment, its much appreciated along with your concern. The distribution block in my engine bay has a plastic cover that covers all the exposed metal. As for the distribution strip in the car, I don't plan on having it touch or come near any other metal so it shouldn't be a problem.

good work.. i dont see the point of your tiny distrubution box in the back and why you mounted it there, but good work nonetheless!

nice, i think the fuel system is tits! how sturdy is that fire extinguisher on the panel? I assume its only bolted to the panel and not fixed directly to the chassis. and also where are you gonna put the radio now? Every street car needs a radio....

good work.. i dont see the point of your tiny distrubution box in the back and why you mounted it there, but good work nonetheless!

The point of the distribution strip is to power my gauges and my fuel pump directly off the battery in a clean way. I can also power other things in the future. If I remember to take some pictures of the wiring, once you see the way all the wires are routed you will understand why I put it there.

nice, i think the fuel system is tits! how sturdy is that fire extinguisher on the panel? I assume its only bolted to the panel and not fixed directly to the chassis. and also where are you gonna put the radio now? Every street car needs a radio....

Thanks for the compliment, The fuel system took a good amount of time to finish up and I love the way it looks. I was skeptical about the fire extinguisher too, but surprisingly it holds up really well. It is real sturdy, I shouldn't have any problems with it. As for the radio, I don't need it, nor do I want it. Every time I drive my car I don't even listen to it, I listen to my car. Maybe one day Ill put a stereo back in, but for now Its fine the way it is.

The point of the distribution strip is to power my gauges and my fuel pump directly off the battery in a clean way. I can also power other things in the future. If I remember to take some pictures of the wiring, once you see the way all the wires are routed you will understand why I put it there.

i understand why you did it i just dont see why back there on the interior panel?

i understand why you did it i just dont see why back there on the interior panel?

Oh, I'm not sure either, why not? Where else should I have put it? LOL
My main reason is because its close to the 200amp circuit breaker off the battery and close to the fuel pump. No other real reason.

Its really good to see someone take care of all the little stuff right. The little things make all the difference. I'm getting ready to move my battery to the back and fix up some wiring the right way so I can appreciate the effort.

Its really good to see someone take care of all the little stuff right. The little things make all the difference. I'm getting ready to move my battery to the back and fix up some wiring the right way so I can appreciate the effort.

Hey thanks man, Im glad to see people are noticing all my little details and hard work I put into it. I like to do things as professional as possible. Ill take some photos of the battery box and wiring next time i work on my car. Thanks again!

Every time I drive my car I don't even listen to it, I listen to my car. Maybe one day Ill put a stereo back in, but for now Its fine the way it is.

My wife thought I was crazy when I told that I do that. My Thermal EX. with the TIAL BOV is all the music that I need!! I just installed the same TB and throttle responce is wicked.

My wife thought I was crazy when I told that I do that. My Thermal EX. with the TIAL BOV is all the music that I need!! I just installed the same TB and throttle responce is wicked.

Yeah my friends used to get mad at me when they would get in my car because I wouldn't let them put music on. I need to hear how my car is running all the time, call me paranoid. Well I wont notice a difference in throttle response since its going on a motor with everything new. I haven't driven the car in forever! I cant wait.

Some pics of my much needed Hallman Pro RX MBC.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 3,759
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3,767
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 3,786
Here are some pics of the oil pan I'm using. Its used off my donor 6 bolt block. The bottom of it right by the oil pickup was dented in so badly the pan was hitting the pickup, as you can tell in the picture. So I took it to my boys and knocked the dents out as best as possible and had him weld on the bung for my oil temp gauge. Then I took it and had it sandblasted to get the rust off of it and then powder coated. You can still see the pit marks from where the rust used to be.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3,668
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 3,628
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 3,624
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back