The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My 1997 spyder gsx build in progress

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e85spyder

Probationary Member
Jul 17, 2014
Pasadena, Maryland
Alright so it all started with my wanting to go fast so i did. I went and built the head of my 1997 eclipse gst spyder. Also upgraded the fuel system and of course turbo, intercoolee and intake. I Was happy and hell it was my dailey driver and it looked like this
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So july 14th of 2013 cruising down the highway some v8 mustang wanted to race i dropped it into 3rd and took off and hauled ass all the way home, slowed down and down shifted onto my street and a big ole KABOOM. And thats when all this started. So now im doing the following.
-making my car awd
-making my own top mount turbo manifold to fit my t3 6766 precision turbo
-making my own intercooler piping
-completly shaving and tucking the engine bay along with repainting it royal crown purple
-making a custom harness bar
-building my motor and drivetrain to withstand 800-1,000awhp on e85.

Last edited:
Im a year in and i picked up the following
mint all black spyder interior (sold the seats), crow racing 4 point harnesses, 3 gauge pod (AC control location), boost gauge, air to fuel and gas level gauge (have a fuel cell and its a weekend/street car), altenator relocation kit, 3.5" thick intercooler with 3" inlets and outlets, precision 6766.
As far as the car goes ive gotten the whole entire fuse box wiring harness tucked (passenger air bag location), had to do the harness differently then normal since my exhaust and wastegate are going out of my passenger fender, and i have the bay mostly sanded down and i just started working on doing sheet metal work so here are some pics of the sheet metal progress.
Oh forgot to say i deleted ac and PS. Also i know im far from this being in i still have to tack everything in place and make minor adjustments as i go. Keep looking and ill keep everyone posted.

Well got around it finish up my fuse box harness today. Still need to put my dash back in, install and wire in my 3 gauges and just make sure everything is wires up right. On the plus side i got some power to her and saw that the interior lighting came on along with the headlights it was dark out when i took the pics but ill put up some of the harness and how its ran tomorrow. But for now here is a front end pic.

So july 14th of 2013 cruising down the highway some v8 mustang wanted to race i dropped it into 3rd and took off and hauled ass

This implies racing.. Beside the point, you could most likely PM a moderator and have them move it..

Keep it up though, looks good!

Okay sounds good and thank you. Well got around to wiring up my gauge cluster and gauge pod (im waiting on my glowshift add a gauge harness) so far this is what it looks like. Still have to clean up the wiring underneath and all

wow very nice ive always wanted to have a project spyder , great work man.. i have to ask what rims are those they look sick, cant wait to see the final project

off topic question but where did u get your dash cluster or did you make it? i cnt find one anywhere anymore

I like the AC control Gauge Pod! Where did you pick that up from?? I made something custom Like that too.
Turbo Timer, and water temp.
[/URL][/IMG]

*followed!

I like the AC control Gauge Pod! Where did you pick that up from?? I made something custom Like that too.
Turbo Timer, and water temp.
[/URL][/IMG]

*followed!
I got it from ortiz gauge pods[DOUBLEPOST=1407862584][/DOUBLEPOST]
off topic question but where did u get your dash cluster or did you make it? i cnt find one anywhere anymore
Which cluster are you talking about? The gauge cluster where my boost,A/F and gas gauges are or like where my actully cluster is like my speedo and tach and all?[DOUBLEPOST=1407863092][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright guys got back to work for a little bit on the car. Got the majority of top of drivers side bay done (part closest to the bumper), got most of the sheetmetal tacked in place, just a few more pieces to cut and tack in, then off to the passenger side to measure, cut and tack in place. Trying to get the bay done before october if not, painting it will be on hold, as the car is in a pop up car port so the weather/temperature affects alot. Ill be postinv pictures of the bay here shortly.

Last edited:
Alright well i got good news and bad news. Bed news first. I live in Maryland and the weather has been horrible and within the last 14 days 11 have been non stop raining. well 2 days ago a tree fell, went through the car port and destroyed the whole entire car port along with the front end of the car. so the decision was to get all my parts out of it and scrape it or find a way to fix it.....so me loving this car and having so much history with it, im now going to cut the front end off of the car and make it a tubed front end car. Still 100% retaining my headlights and all. Now on to the good news, with my fabrication side work/small business expanding and growing i now can afford to rent a legit garage from a close friend and get a whole bunch of $hit done. So as of December 2014/ January 2015 my car will be getting a pretty, warm and cozy garage were ill be able to work on her all year around, day and night.

Alright well i got good news and bad news. Bed news first. I live in Maryland and the weather has been horrible and within the last 14 days 11 have been non stop raining. well 2 days ago a tree fell, went through the car port and destroyed the whole entire car port along with the front end of the car. so the decision was to get all my parts out of it and scrape it or find a way to fix it.....so me loving this car and having so much history with it, im now going to cut the front end off of the car and make it a tubed front end car. Still 100% retaining my headlights and all. Now on to the good news, with my fabrication side work/small business expanding and growing i now can afford to rent a legit garage from a close friend and get a whole bunch of $hit done. So as of December 2014/ January 2015 my car will be getting a pretty, warm and cozy garage were ill be able to work on her all year around, day and night.
That sucks man, hope it all works out! I'm expecting this thing to be a beast when it's finished.

Didnt get any pics of the damage but i got the whole front end cut off and i need to stop slacking and get some more sanding done along with some chromoly work. Keep following it as here shortly alot of changes will be happening. As of now here you go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 315
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back