The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Muffler simulator?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g spyder eclipse

Proven Member
Apr 30, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
So I like the sound of a straight pipe 3" exhaust. My muffler just kills the tone.. So, has anyone just put a "sleeve" in their muffler so it's basically just a straight pipe but still has the muffler looks? It'd keep it legal but sound badass!

Don't know what the laws are in Wisconsin but anywhere else I think if it's loud enough, you'll get pulled over anyway so what's the point? So that you can say you have a muffler? I think they are more likely to measure your decibel level than anything else.

Most states have a standing law stating that it's illegal to modify your exhaust to make it louder than how it came from the factory. That's the law here in Louisiana. Even cutouts are illegal here. Putting a sleeve into the muffler should be possible to bypass the mufflers internals. It still won't be legal though.

Most states have a standing law stating that it's illegal to modify your exhaust to make it louder than how it came from the factory. That's the law here in Louisiana. Even cutouts are illegal here. Putting a sleeve into the muffler should be possible to bypass the mufflers internals. It still won't be legal though.
Wow i dont have that law but just how loud it is and you would have to be pretty loud for them to say something

After getting a ticket for "modified exhaust" I dug until I found the laws that applied to modify my car. It doesn't stop me from moding my vehicles exhaust. My Dakota R/T has a 3inch catless straight exhaust and my Talon has a catless turbo back. No one around here cares except the douche Bossier cops.

Well Milwaukee is very lienent on modified car laws.. But if a cop hears a loud exhaust, and see's that I have no muffler, he'll write me a fixit ticket.. But if we at least have mufflers, they think we tried. Source, my brother and cousin are cops. LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back