The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

General MTX-L Reads Max Lean at Idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renopolous

Probationary Member
May 8, 2017
West Kelowna, BC_Canada
So I picked up a MTX-L wideband in place of my AEM UEGO because it is said AEM widebands don't work as well with ECMLink, I never had any issues with it just figured I'd "upgrade".
I installed the kit and calibrated the sensor to open air twice and the wideband seems to read max lean at idle and ~1-2 units off 14.7 at cruise. My AFR was already dialed in pretty spot on with my AEM, like I said I never had any issues with it. So I thought it might be a exhaust leak and sure enough I was leaking a little out of the manifold. Fixed that leak, found no others and the problem still persists. I read somewhere that a crappy ground could cause this so I relocated the ground 3 different times with no luck.
I then contacted innovate and was told to upgrade the firmware and re-calibrate the sensor. Just did that with no luck either.
Anyone run into this? I'm at a loss and am probably just going to go back to my AEM but it'd be nice to see this thing in action.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back