mtx-l issues upon installation

Posted by zcoh2gdsm, Jun 21, 2012
Newbie Forum - Beginner/newbie/general DSM modification questions. First mods, how to run 10's when you haven't run 12's yet, any tech question that doesn't fit in another tech forum.

1. zcoh2gdsm

zcoh2gdsm Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    just got my mtx-l installed today, so far im having some issues.

1.) the sensor connector wont click into place. it seems like it's just not long enough or somethings stopping it inside but i dont hear a snap and i can pull it apart.

2.) when trying to calibrate it, it's getting stuck on htr (heater) and wont go past that, i can see the sensor glowing red though so i know it's heated.

is this a defective kit maybe? it was working 45 minutes ago until i slid my drivers seat up and i guess it knocked the connector loose. please help
  2. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    96.3%
    DSM Profiles:
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Sounds like you got a short somewhere bro, and I don't think the sensor should glow red just heating up.
  3. zcoh2gdsm

zcoh2gdsm Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    nope no short, the sensor has a heater inside of it which gets the sensor to operating temp, i fixed it anyway, still doesn't click in but i moved where it's connected and had to recalibrate it 500 or so times but it works now.
  4. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    96.3%
    DSM Profiles:
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Hmm that still doesn't seem right never had those kind of problems with mine. You may want to send it in for testing, because your tuning might be really hard with a defective wideband.
  5. jcarmichael

jcarmichael Proven Member

Classifieds Rating:
    100%
    DSM Profiles:
    Greenwood, Indiana
    i posted a thread awhile back asking the same question, ended up being the tab on the wire that goes to the sensor wasnt going the right way so my o2 sensor wasn't plugging in all the way.