The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

MSD dis2 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRTredHEAD

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2009
Bedford, Texas
I have istalled a MSD dis2 on my car and can't get idle. Fires up and I can keep it running with steady rpm but will not idle. Question is in the instructions our cars are listed as needing an ignition adapter and before I spend $100 on one I was wondering if the link guys running msd wired in the adapter.

Setup:
1g talon
Link v3
Cop w/ msd dis2
Manley 2.1 stroker 8.3 compression
Jmf drag smim
1g NT throttle body
ETS 3" short route ic
Pte 6052e
Fic 1450
Fuel lab fpr 37.0 psi
340lph×2 pumps

I figured out the previous question, but still have a no idle problem for the guys running the msd. I have narrowed it down to the msd. Recieved my bypass plug finally and with plugged in the car starts, runs, and idles. Unplug it, plug in the msd and no idle. That tells me the ignition wiring is correct and the issue is in the msd set up. I have cross checked the msd dip switches with the instuctions and all seems set correct accordingly. I have grounded the box to the frame and power coming straight from the battery. All wire connections are solderred, no butt connectors used. Any ideas? I find it hard to believe the box is bad because the car does run and does not misfire.

I figured out the previous question, but still have a no idle problem for the guys running the msd. I have narrowed it down to the msd. Recieved my bypass plug finally and with plugged in the car starts, runs, and idles. Unplug it, plug in the msd and no idle. That tells me the ignition wiring is correct and the issue is in the msd set up. I have cross checked the msd dip switches with the instuctions and all seems set correct accordingly. I have grounded the box to the frame and power coming straight from the battery. All wire connections are solderred, no butt connectors used. Any ideas? I find it hard to believe the box is bad because the car does run and does not misfire.
Did you ever figure out this issue?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back