The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G 2gNT Motor swap input

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

219 Tuner

Probationary Member
Apr 2, 2018
Crown Point, Indiana
Well if you haven't read my intro I'm new to the tuner / dsm scene.

I am currently working out a deal for a 95 eclipse with a 2.0 in it (all stock) and it has a blown motor.

I have a 2003 eclipse gs laying around and was wondering if I could swap out the motor / trans / ecu and have a drivable 95... The 03 body is shot and the 95 is spotless.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Need more info but yes what Pauly said. The sohc on the 3rd gen eclipses have the transmission on the left where the 2nd gen 420a has the tranny on the right. Unless you have a turbo eclipse with the 4g63 engine it might be possible but I personally would waste the time. Find yourself a good 6 bolt or even a stock 7 bolt.

They are both non turbo. I may say to hell with it and grab a complete 95 a different guy is selling for cheap. Claims he wad working on it, or manifold on before tightening valve covers and's or needs reassembled. Says he'll let me use his garage and tools to complete it before purchase since he lives line 2 hours away LOL

They are both non turbo. I may say to hell with it and grab a complete 95 a different guy is selling for cheap. Claims he wad working on it, or manifold on before tightening valve covers and's or needs reassembled. Says he'll let me use his garage and tools to complete it before purchase since he lives line 2 hours away LOL
Then no. Its not possible as a bolt in. Did you even notice the differences?

Then no. Its not possible as a bolt in. Did you even notice the differences?

I don't have the vehicles infront of me. I was going to buy a 95 and pull motor out of a spare elipse o have for parts... read mixed reviews on google about the swap and decided to join here to ask.

Wow I was this dumb and lazy in 2018 LOL
It wouldve taken me less time to actually google a FSM and look but instead I created an account and asked LOL (*Disclaimer i was likely either VERY high or piss drunk LOL)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back