The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Motor Mount HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

911gdsmboostin

Proven Member
Sep 5, 2014
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Okay guys reall need some imput on this I had a similar thread but this one focuses on 1 thing the front motor mount.. recently I bough a 1991 tsi with a build 6 bolt motor in it guy said it was out of a 2 g.. either way shulda fit right in like it was at home.. wel it did but he decided to make his own stuff for what reason I will never know nor want to.. I had the rear mount bracket to replace the abomination he made to make it work so I got it installed the number I believe is the 194 bracket.. that was the rear and an easy fix... now im on to the front where he decided to cut out the main anchor off the cross member and move it down.. the reason why was the bottom hole for the front mount was broken off.. which I have devised a way to fix it while in car so I decided to get the anchor ready to get put back not I know the bottom half needs cut back out and rewelded but I haven't gotten that far I put the top bolt back in place to see where it would reside and find the holes are wayyy off.... and im not sure why I have looked and looked and cant even find pictures of it or what I might need to fix it or anything I am asking for any help please a picture is worth a 10000000000000 words and I can make something work if needed and probly will if this doesn't come together but I woul dlike it to work the way it was soposto.. so heres some pics as you can see the bottom anchor is still where he had welded it and I just took the motor mount out and put the top bolt in place to see where it would sit but I cant see how it will move/rotate the fit the hole on the motor bracket it self.. I tried jacking the motor up but its solid and lifts the car too.. also the side mount by cam gears I can see is in bind or something he used a hacked side mount and I have the bracket to the ft half and pws and wondering if I should use it and get a new bracket or not.. ANY WISEMAN please help. what am I not seeing ??? I know thiers a problem or I am missing something? and the brocken bolt thing don't worrie about I have a good idea for what to do for that.. but any help is much appreciated any pictures please would help tremendously I cant find hardly any pics online or on any site they just show the mounts none are installed or in place that I can see what I need to do?? do I have the wrong front bracket? or is something else wrong?? also I think the front bracket number is 394? I think theirs a pic of it please help guy really want this done so the motor can be finished and I can finally drive this baby!! THANKS IN ADVANCED

Attachments

• IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    807.4 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_1250.JPG
    IMG_1250.JPG
    556.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1251.JPG
    IMG_1251.JPG
    761 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_1253.JPG
    IMG_1253.JPG
    632.3 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    590.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1256.JPG
    IMG_1256.JPG
    723.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1257.JPG
    IMG_1257.JPG
    605.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    452.9 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1260.JPG
    IMG_1260.JPG
    493.1 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    747.9 KB · Views: 214
Brosef, how bout just stop by my place in south jersey and get my front crossmember. You can have it because I'm going with tubular.

edit: nm, i was hoping Irwin was close to philly... but you can still have it if you want it, LOL

The 194 (rear) and 346 (front) are both FWD mounting brackets. Assuming a 5-speed, you need the AWD versions which will be 195 and 347, respectively, for an AWD car. And of course, that is assuming everything else is as it should be which may or may not be the case.

Here's the full list of front and rear roll stop brackets for 1Gs: please identify these!

The 194 (rear) and 346 (front) are both FWD mounting brackets. Assuming a 5-speed, you need the AWD versions which will be 195 and 347, respectively, for an AWD car. And of course, that is assuming everything else is as it should be which may or may not be the case.

Here's the full list of front and rear roll stop brackets for 1Gs: please identify these![/QUOT

its a 1991 tsi awd 5 speed... this would help explain why the side mount looks like its being put into bind... have any idea where I would find these parts??

thanks a million that was extreamly helpful I just found the right brackets on ebay 20$ a piece im almost sure that can be the reason on why the side mount by the cams is in bind!? I hope that's the reason.. the guy who had this really did a number on this car and im bringing her back to life im glad I found the right parts and very happy I decided to join this fourm a lot of great info and great people who are here to help thatnks 19eclipse90 I probly would have never figured that out.

sweet about the find. if you do happen to need the front crossmember or motor mount, i'll have it laying here. (the mount will need a new prothane poly insert bushing since i removed the oem rubber bushing at its' metal sleeve)

sweet about the find. if you do happen to need the front crossmember or motor mount, i'll have it laying here. (the mount will need a new prothane poly insert bushing since i removed the oem rubber bushing at its' metal sleeve)

I already have a poly mount as u can see in the pics I could use a front cross member though can it be shipped??

I guess anything can be shipped. For a big thing like that, UPS would probably just put the sticker right on it.

Yea its out already, brb w/ pic. I'll just edit this post...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
that's defiantly the piece I need can you take a pic where the motor mount bolts to? I just want to make sure its the same

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back