The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Modifying OEM parts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RipperXX

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2003
Royston, Georgia
So I got tired of my slim line fans just not cutting it, they're a joke compared to the oem fans. And the one closest to the turbo got to hot at some point. So I removed it but obviously then in hot weather and stop and go traffic, it was all the old girl could do to keep from over heating.

So I went looking through my stock parts, I found two fans, same fan, can't remember but I think it originally went on the drivers side. A/C? Anyway, it won't just drop in so I had to cut off the tabs and welded on some 1" angle iron...(SS sheet metal made into it) cool, got the holes close and bored them bigger than needed so I have done room for error. Washers can easily fix this. Anyway so onto what I'm doing today.

Here we ha e this little guy.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That 4th mounting point, that big leg I think will be a problem with my j pipe / LICP. So got to go.

Band saws make quick work of sheet metal.

Ah found this scrap piece near the shops CNC laser. Brushed stainless, almost the perfect size. I think it would make a great little heat shield for the motor...off to polish it for more reflectivity.

Love this thing. Though there's a roomer it ripped off someone's thumb years ago when a belt broke o. The grinding side. OMG

Almost like a mirror. Now just to tack it on.

And tacked.

More to follow later.

BTW you got 2 threads on this for some reason, dont know why.

I did this on my 2G i got 2 stock AC metal slim fans and recoated them both then put gold heat tape on the back of the fan housing and cooling area, so far it works well and keeps the heat away from the motor,

Yeah I blame the storm here in Georgia and poor cell phone connectivity at the time of posting. I'll have to ask a mod to delete the other.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back