The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Modified 1g intake manifold

Worse then the oem 1g manifold or more Benifical then the oem manifold

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VtecGoWahhh

Probationary Member
Dec 11, 2016
Keller, Texas
I was given this intake manifold for free. Seems pretty legit. I'm assuming with the large volume box plenum and the smooth runners, it should be better for my mid range and top end. What are your guys opinions on this. Worse then the oem 1g manifold or more Benifical then the oem manifold

Attachments

• IMG_1771.JPG
    IMG_1771.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1881.JPG
    IMG_1881.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 111
Sharp corners normally are a pretty bad thing for flow. They create a lot of dead space near the corner where air doesn't really flow, and can create weird turbulence. Who knows if it's better than the 1g without testing it in a way that you can actually gather metrics.

Stick to the stock manifold. Buschur did something like that on the Evo. It lost power pretty much everywhere except at the very top.

Considering the Evo manifold is a better design than ours, I'm willing to bet it'll perform way worst than he saw.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back