The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

For Sale Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T Turbo HKS Greddy Modified

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InspireKC

Probationary Member
Mar 16, 2004
Tustin, California
$3000 takes all (except the 18" wheels mentioned below). Car is located in Tustin, CA

The combination puts our around 420-450 on 91 octane (dyno wasn't there at RRE at the time I worked on this car).
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Buyer needs to pickup the car with flatbed. I can help tow for 75 miles I think (AAA membership) but other than that it will be up to the buyer on how to get it from my house to yours. After all, you will most likely want to see it in person anyway. Thanks for checking out this post on my car.

Starting price is much lower than what I think is reasonable but because I need to move it out from my garage, it is what it is. Just the turbo and new, not yet installed stuff alone already cost more than the starting price.

Please note that I do not ship the car unless you're going to make the pickup arrangement. Preferably that you're local so it will make things easier.

Thank you for your time to look at my post, please see below for details.

BRAND NEW PARTS SITTING AROUND (Never got the chance to install them, you can take them with you!)
Fluidyne Radiator kit
FAL Slim Racing Radiator fan kit
Greddy radiator piping kit

Extra Parts:
Greddy SP Exhaust system
ST Sway Bar kit
Mitsubishi Original Convertible Leather Cover (my 2nd one, in almost new condition)
Probably a bunch other stuff like extra urethan bushings, spark plug wires, etc. Whatever I find in my garage is yours.

ENGINE:
HKS cams 264 Intake/272 Exhaust combo
HKS adjustable intake and exhaust cam gears
Greddy turbo kit – ported (by RRE) to avoid boost crip
Greddy intercooler kit
Greddy intercooler piping kit
Greddy blowoff valve
Greddy air filter kit
RRE stainless steel waste gate dump pipe
3” downpipes (can’t remember the brand, probably custom by Culver Misawa)
3” (internal size, so external size is bigger) all 304 stainless exhaust system build by Culver Misawa (got his signature on it somewhere), with Apex giant sized exhaust in the back
3” straight pipe (installed)
3” high-flow cat (sitting on the side, you can have it, it’s used only a little bit since I was mostly on straight pipe)
ECU speed limiter removed

TRANSMISSION:
Quaife limited slip differential
RRE serviced/refreshed with all new bearings including 1st gear
ACT2600 w/ Stree disk
RRE chrome molly lighten flywheel
B&M short shifter
Shifter bushings
Stainless steel clutch line

FUEL/IGNITION:
Nippondenso 190lph fuel pump
Nippondenso higher flow CC injectors (I don’t remember…sorry guys, it’s really been a long time since I worked or drive this car, but it’s more than enough to support 550HP using 108/110 octane gas)
Both Magnecor 8.5mm and NGK 7/8mm spark plug wires
NGK BP7ES plugs
MAS (mass air sensor) x 2 (this car runs fine with all cones in the middle removed)

SAFETY:
Custom-build 8 point roll cage with removable door bars

CONTROLLERS/GAUGES:
HKS EVC V boost controller
APEX Super AFC II fuel controller
HKS boost gauge
HKS exhaust temperature gauge
HKS turbo timer

BRAKE:
Dual piston brake from AWD model
Upgraded brake disk (I can’t remember the brand on this one either, I think it’s just normal upgrade, nothing extreme)
Stainless steel brake lines
Brake pad, brake fluids, all use better part but I can’t recall what it was. I think Mutul or Red Line for the fluid and ceramic or semi-metallic for the pads.

SUSPENSION:
KYB AGX adjustable struts (have Tokico sitting somewhere you can have them too)
Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs
All suspension bushings are switched to Urethane
Ingalls camber adjustment kit on all 4 corners
ST front and rear sway bar kit
RRE front and rear sway bar kit (either the ST or the RRE is installed, I will give you the other one which is just sitting in my garage too)
Tanabe lower tie bars

OTHER ELECTRONICS:
Boston Acoustic 6x9 speakers (top of the line at the time, cost me $300 then…) in the back
Pioneer 5”(?) in the front (can’t recall the exact size)
Fosgate pre-amp device with remote display for the controller (something they used to build for audio competition use like probably 20-25 years ago now, it saved my day in term of speaker bottom out on bass issue)
Some stupid flip-up DVD player
Rear taillights, some other cosmetic stuff I can’t recall..

I’m the first owner of this car and it has been my baby since the day I bought it. It has clean title as you can check online. It’s been sitting inside my garage not driven for 5-6 years now. I worked on this day in and day out when I was young, back then I was told this was one of the best running & fastest Spyder by RRE (Road Race Engineering) and the fastest on Greddy turbo, only a couple 3 other Spyders at the time in the US was faster but they were all gutted/prepped for race track (unfortunately one got totaled I think and another got stolen by a body shop sponsor from I can remember…).

This car ALWAYS used name brand for maintenance, stuff they use for track cars build by RRE.

I would love to work and drive the car again but since my son and daughter joined the family, and that I had lower back surgery (with 2nd surgery just pending), I no longer can work on the car even though I really want to (bending over to work on lower car is really out of the question now). Truth is, life is so busy now I simply don’t have the time to work on it. I asked my wife if I can keep the car around until I’m close to retirement so I can work on it again but she prefers to have the garage space for her car (seeing that she never got to park inside the garage since we were married 10 years ago – I think if it’s your wife she probably would be piss too:D).

The car was always way advance in term of engine/transmission oil and spark plugs service/changes, in fact the car receive oil change every 1,500 miles and spark plug change every 2-3,00 miles. I was never cheap on the maintenance as I know the car needs them to run in the top shape.

THE BAD:
The car just haven’t been driven for a long time (the last time I drove it was 6 years ago I think, it was running good at the time), it now probably should have all fluid to be changed and a new battery. The waste gate on the Greddy turbo needs a replacement or simply switch to external type by welding one onto the exhaust manifold, of course it’s up to you. If your intention is to use this car for parts or just take the engine and/or tranny out of it, it’s perfect to you, although I’d like to see someone get this thing back and running on the road again (I did spend so many years of my life working on it so…). The interior gauges have been dismounted, so are the boost controller and gauges, but they will come with the car for you. Some interior panels were removed as I was working on the car back then but never came around to put them back on. I will give you every interior piece that I find in the garage (after, they have to be there right? I don’t see why stuff like that will be taken out to somewhere). There is some small dents on the driver-side rear fender (see photo), and there is a small repair on top of the convertible top (also see picture). The car is in good paint condition since it sits inside the garage for past years, just dusty which I didn't bother to wash up since it will require me to move it outside and wash it and then somehow push it back in.

The car will come with factory wheel and another set of really old 17” Milanos (made in Japan, I think there were 5 sets imported by Vic of Discount Tires in El Monte, but who cares now because 17” means nothing today, they don’t have good tires on them).

The factory wheel has decent tires on them I think.

There are probably performance parts not listed that is installed on the car, but I’m simply too old and it’s been a while for me to remember.

I welcome any question you have. Any spare parts not listed will be given to you for free if when I prep the car for your pickup – which at the current condition it will need to be towed away. I have AAA Plus-level membership which I will be more than happy to help you tow using it once at least from my house to wherever you want the car to be (you need to be present in my garage of course). I am more than happy to share any knowledge I have in regards to building of this car.

*Other stock parts like stock exhaust, stock wing, stock suspension, etc, whatever I find inside my garage will all come with the car at no extra cost. I will give you whatever I can find in the garage at the time of delivery. If I find something else worthy and that you are local, I can contact you and give them to you later as well.

**The two amplifiers and subwoofer box will not be coming with the car. Nor is the 18” 3 piece wheel. If you want to purchase them we can discuss separately. Those tires on the 18” where were bough brand new right before I stopped operating the car so they’re brand new.

***Front strut bar was removed and I wouldn’t bother finding it for you because I thought the one I had sucked. It was supposed to be custom-build by RRE but I just never found the time before I stop driving the car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back