The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Mitsubishi 2L All-Motor 11.31 @ 118 mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabytech

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 19, 2007
Daytona, Florida
To all that say FWD Mitsubishi all-motors can't get it done.

"El Problematico" 5G Mitsubishi Mirage 4G94 2L SOHC Best ET 11.31 @ 118 mph
WORLD QUICKEST SOHC ALL MOTOR MIRAGE (Category: All-Motor SFWD)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kXFWPzAdzYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another Mitsubishi Mirage All-Motor "Puti Puerco" V6 DOHC 10.91 @ 127 mph

Another Mitsubishi Mirage All-Motor 4dr "Kbuto" 4G69 2.4L 11.2 @ 123 mph

Another Mitsubishi Mirage All-Motor "PaLOLo" 4G94/4G93 11.98 @110mph @ 2010

^^ Obviously these cars are running decent All-motor ETs in Mirage chassis. A 2G FWD DSM curb weight is 2887lbs and the 5G 2dr Mirage curb weight is 2300lbs. A huge 587lbs difference, which makes a huge difference in All-Motor performance. 10sec All-Motor Hondas are even lighter and have around 100 more hp than these Mitsubishi.

PUERTO RICO DOES IT BETTER !!! 100X35 FOR THE WORLD !!!! THE QUICKEST ALL-MOTOR MIRAGES ARE IN PR !!!!

Last edited:
Nice numbers on a single cam , sadly it's all Hondas on the west coast all motor game nowadays

There are a few differences between the SFWD All Motor Hondas running 9/10sec and these 11sec Mitsubishis. Honda parts are more available from high comp pistons to individual throttle bodies. You can build any Honda straight from a catalog.. For these All-Motor Mitsubishi engines there arent that much options beyond a few bolt-on parts and turbo kits. Most of them have custom cams, pistons, etc and are making miracles with what they have at their reach. For what it is they are flying and its just a matter before the top cars tweak a few more here and there and eventually run 10s... Keep in mind most SFWD all motor Honda eventhough they race in a street category, they are track only cars. These all motor Mitsubishi are street cars for the exception of "El Problematico" Mirage.

I want to build an all motor Mirage so this page gives me lots of warm and fuzzies. And yeah, everytime I look into it all roads seem to lead to PR. You guys love Mirages down there and seem to be the best at tuning them. I think I'd use a1.6L 4G92 DOHC MIVEC as it seems to be Mitsu's answer to the B16A, but I love the idea (and sound) of a high reving V6 from the FTO. Seems like the Australians love that motor more. I did see a 6G75 swapped into a Mirage that I think was from PR, but that engine doesn't appeal to me. Id much rather have a 6A12 from a GPX. Anybody doing it big with one of those down there?

I did see a 6G75 swapped into a Mirage that I think was from PR, but that engine doesn't appeal to me.

"Potencia Tech" 6G75 Mirage

Id much rather have a 6A12 from a GPX. Anybody doing it big with one of those down there?

I don't think anyone has tried the 6A12 swap.

First thing that came to mind was....A Mitsu Mirage swap into a honda civic shell not that cool i guess. Upon closer review the front end similarity is stunning....ive never ever pay'd attention to mirages but this is an eye opener! Even a 13 second track fwd car would be rather fast on the streets especially at highway speeds :)

Even a 13 second track fwd car would be rather fast on the streets especially at highway speeds :)

My 1st car was a brand new 98 2dr Mitsubishi Mirage. My Personal Best was 12.8 @ 118mph back at 2004. 4G93 Engine + bolt-ons + 100-shot direct port nitrous + Nitto NT555 drag radials... Back at 2004 the quickest Mirage in PR where running 11s turbo + slicks...

Mitsubishi Mirage vs Honda Civic has always been the classic battle in PR.

There are 9sec turbocharged FWD Mirages to 10sec all-motor FWD Mirages in Puerto Rico. There are a few 4G63 FWD and AWD Mirage.

Here are a few turbocharged Mirage

No we didn't get the modern mirage hatch since all the cars in PR are USDM.

Update: NEW Mitsubishi All Motor World Record

Paul Anthony "Potencia Tech" 6G75 V6 Mirage ran 10.56 @ 132 mph @ Salinas Speedway @ Puerto Rico @ 4/15/2013 with his new custom DTB set up and usual stock engine setup.

PUERTO RICO DOES IT BETTER !!!!!

Honda what? Lol I love mirages had a buddy back in 05 with a boosted 4g93 a 96 ls coupe pretty damn impressive for single cam engines if you ask me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back