The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm9010

Probationary Member
Jan 15, 2009
bakersfield, California
The car has a slight misfire at idle all the time. It's when under boost its misfire really bad but like some time but then it does it its misfire really for a few minutes an then going back it a slight misfire

New plug an wires I try a different coil pack. I swap the motor form my old gst to the gsx same year the motor ran fine in the gst
An no cel

Check PTU and definitely all tabs inside of the important ignition connectors. These pieces are old; intermittent break in continuity can cause spark not to fire.
Do you have any method of reading engine parameters such as fuel trims?

It's didnt work .... I think i might of found the problem i think one of my injector leaking but only under boost

Injectors are pretty hardy and rarely go bad unless you are using non-gasoline fuel (e85 alcohol or oxygenated etc...) you might be in for a disappointment if you think injectors are bad. Check base timing? Wires, plugs, power transistor, coil pack? All of those are much more likely than injectors.

I change the injectors ,wire ,plugs power transistor.coil still doing it

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Can this be the issue

I just change the pigtail on the power transistor still doing it

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
I only Pull one this how it look idk how that happen I didn't drop it in I use the wire to our it in
I'll check the ohms

Hopefully you just dropped the spark plug, but if not you've got some mechanical issues :(

Is your throttle cable loose enough? Sounds to me like its to tight. Loosen the bolts on the im and slide the throttle cable. See if there is a change. Huge common problem that people always miss. It will cause random misfires, cels, odd idle, all kinds of weird stuff.

I regap the spark plug an its fix the misfire at idle run great till I try to get in to boost then misfire I let off the gas I let it idle for a bit the gose back to normal

I regap all of them ... I just check then today they were white

Tight cable is no different than slightly applying throttle. If you try and adjust sensors thinking throttle is closed....yes that can cause issues but the cable all by itself on an otherwise normal car will not cause issues. unless the op has been making tps or isc/biss adjustments this does not apply here and would likely not aply in any misfire situation. Further discussion is welcome in another thread. Op you are sure you did not drop the plug then how did that happen? whats changed lately?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back