The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Meth injection mounting location with GM IAT Opinions wanted!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSLENK

10+ Year Contributor
May 25, 2011
DC, Maryland
I am doing my second attempt at meth injection. I did a bit more reading this time (first time meth nozzle was only 4-5 inches in front of IAT).

I am thinking of about putting 10-12 inches between them. Putting the meth nozzle in the bov pipe (post bov). And the IAT in the throttle body elbow (just as before).

Here are some pics of how I intend to do this.

Any objections? Is this distance over kill? Can I put both in the TB elbow?

I just wanna get it done, (and done relatively correct...) I go to the welder tomorrow afternoon.

*** the darker pic is more representative of the IAT location. It will be a few inches from the throttle plate, in the bend. Both pics should have the same location for the nozzle.

Will meth eat up my silicone coupler? I plan on running at least 50% most likely 100% meth.

I posted in ECMtuning... but I hope I may get more traffic here. I could use some insight before I go to the welder...

Attachments

• IMAG0199.jpg
    IMAG0199.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 291
  • IMAG0002 (3).jpg
    IMAG0002 (3).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 271
Based on my experience with water injection, I would install an injection nozzle between hot side of the intercooler and the compressor cover outlet. You want water/meth turn into steam by the time it reaches the throttle body. If water/meth does not turn into steam, then you will kill your ICS within very short period of time. See more info in my other posts.

When you install your IAT sensor, install in an upper position to prevent water/meth to accumulate in the sensor. Closer to the throttle body flange, the better. Here is a picture of my IAT location:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back