The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Measurements needed - B&M Short Throw Bolt/Stud..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM IN MN

Supporting VIP
May 17, 2009
Wadena, Minnesota
Awhile back the center bolt to my B&M broke. I gave the remnants to a buddy that was in school for tool and die machining. He made me a replacement then threw both away after getting pissed at me for some stupid reason.

What I am curious about is if someone with a B&M short throw would be able to take their bolt out and get the measurements for me so I could have a machine shop make me one. That or make myself one when I find my own machining job.

For reference here is where said part is located.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks!

Did you not ask the guy selling the one you have pictured? He would be ideal for the measurement. That thing was only just posted to the classifieds.

Did you not ask the guy selling the one you have pictured? He would be ideal for the measurement. That thing was only just posted to the classifieds.

I know how people can be; not everyone is willing to take apart something they are attempting to sell just for the benefit of another. I would and have before but thought making this information public would indeed be beneficial to more people than just myself. I can give it a try however. Thanks for the idea!

Isnt that just a stock bolt?

It is indeed not the factory hardware. The factory bolt, I believe, is welded/attached to the factory assembly. None the less whatever the factory has will not work with the B&M unit.

Odd as I have installed copies and they did nit have any hardware. Maybe a real b and m is different.

Odd as I have installed copies and they did nit have any hardware. Maybe a real b and m is different.

I guess I could be wrong. If that is the case feel free to show me. Another picture of said bolt/stud.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What you've circled in this last photo, and the one prior, are two different pieces entirely. I'm pretty sure the piece in the first picture is part of the stock shifter assembly and not a bolt, but rather a threaded rod extending from that upright shifter component. In this last photo you've circled the piece that attaches the purple piece to the long silver piece, which is different.

^^You are correct!! top pic bolt is on the shifter assembly. And bottom pic bolt stud thing goes above the one in the first pic you circled. You can see it in the first pic right above where you circled. You can only see the back of the stud that's going thru the actual shifter. Then the purple piece slides on and you bolt it down. It's essentially what lets you bolt the b&m shifter kit to the stock assembly.

If you need the piece that bolts the purple piece to the shifter then yes that is probably a b&m piece. The first pic looks like the stock piece, thats why I mentioned it. The shifters I had installed already had the purple piece bolted to them.

What you've circled in this last photo, and the one prior, are two different pieces entirely. I'm pretty sure the piece in the first picture is part of the stock shifter assembly and not a bolt, but rather a threaded rod extending from that upright shifter component. In this last photo you've circled the piece that attaches the purple piece to the long silver piece, which is different.

I'm sorry but it is most definitely not part of the factory setup. What I am needing is indeed what I just posted in the last picture. I must have mis-circled the part in which I need while using my not so exquisite expertise in MS Paint. LOL My apologies.

If you need the piece that bolts the purple piece to the shifter then yes that is probably a b&m piece. The first pic looks like the stock piece, thats why I mentioned it. The shifters I had installed already had the purple piece bolted to them.

I indeed need the part pictured in the most recent post.

Still needing this part... Also found the shifter not all that long ago. I'm unsure if I know where I put it now...again. Hahaha

I currently have one of those shifter that I would be willing to take apart for you to get that measurment. I will mic it 2morrow and get back to you with what I have

Hey sorry I got called into work yesterday and I have to work today. I didn't get a chance to measure that piece for you, but I will get to it tonight tho when I get off work ok.

Yea I'm totally sorry I forgot to measure it for you last night I am currently trying to get my eclipse to run right and got rapped up in that last night but I promise I'll get to it tonight my interior is still apart and its easy for me to get to

All is well sir! I don't have a certain connection to a lathe to make one myself and its going to be hard to find someone to have it made. I will make it happen though! Whenever you're able to will be perfect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back