The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

McBride Motorsports

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjai_ruken

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2004
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey Everyone,

Hows it going fellow DSMtuners? I'm having a wonderful weekend. I got some real work done on the 1g this weekend. The car has been sitting in cold storage for a number of years and as many of you know from experience, It doesn't matter how much you prepare a Vehicle for storage problems will rear their ugly head. At first start up I sprang two leaks in the fuel lines one in the feed line as well as return. I have since replaced all the SS Fuel Lines and I am going through the car with a fine tooth comb. I am checking all my ground connections, repainting the roll cage, dressing up the car and making sure she is mechanically sound. There are plans to get the car up on the dyno sometime in the next 2-3 weeks I will post more and better pictures in the next week or so and I will be posting Dyno Vids and pictures. I hope everyone is having a great weekend and remember be safe, keep it on the track!

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
MCBride Motorsports

Always Showing Love and Support for DSMtuners.com
IMAG2379.jpg

Yeah, Shes dirty....I cant imagine how dirty she would be if she hadn't been inside under a car cover!
IMAG2410.jpg

Dirty Bird, you can see what was waiting for me under the fuel cell cover. I wiped a part of the Fuel Cell to see a comparison on what it "Should" Look like when its clean.
IMAG2418.jpg

And here she is starting to get cleaned up, I De-greased the entire rear hatch, prepped and sprayed it to help reduce any rust problems that may occur. Shes looking a million times better already.
IMAG24191.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2379.jpg
    IMAG2379.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 60
No work got done on the car today, It was a little bit too chilly out to get anything done. I am sprucing up the interior, and making minor changes here and there. This season I plan on promoting PTSD awareness. This is an issue that really stuck home for me last year as I lost someone close to me whom Ive known for over 20 years. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week and here are a couple of teaser pic on the the interior changes.

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports

I understand that a Race Car is going to get dirty, Tore up and look rough. The dash and interior was starting to fade and look worn out. Instead of spending money on raiding a pull n pay or buying used interior pieces online I decided to spruce it up myself. Its not perfect, but its cleaner then it was before. Well, I thought I had a picture of it before but I cant seem to find it. Thank you everyone.

IMAG2431.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I didnt get near as much done today as I would have liked. I had enough distractions around me to bog me down and cause my progress to grind to a halt. Its a gorgeous day and Im a little frustrated. But Ill get some more done soon. Im going to be pulling the drivers seat here pretty soon and start getting more work done on the front half of the car. Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports

Got the fuel cell cleaned up and reinstalled. Looking pretty good. It dosent matter how much work I get done or how clean I try to make her. It seems like shes dirty again.

IMAG2451.jpg

Cleaned up the fuel cell cover a little bit. She could still use a good cleaning but I think its looks better then it did.
IMAG2454.jpg

Last edited:
WoW, Did I ever get busy today. I cleaned and coated the interior of the car. I am still amazaed at how dirt finds its way into some of these places. It was a long day. Started at 6 and just now got finished.

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports

Pulled the Drivers Seat, I cant believe this...how?!?!?!?! What and WHEN! Yeah, it was ugly
IMAG2456.jpg

She's coming along, Got her clean and coated. Thought I took a picture before I put the seat back in. It will be coming out again soon when I install new Safety Harnesses so ill try to remember to take a picture then.
IMAG2459_1.jpg

Passenger Side
IMAG2461.jpg

She looks mean! So mean my Comp T/A is hiding around the corner! haha
IMAG2457.jpg

Getting ready to end my day.
IMAG2458.jpg

A Little Booty Shot for you guys..haha
IMAG2460.jpg

Just bought this Autometer Ultra Lite Pyrometer from another member here on dsmtuners.com. Saved my butt on this one. I wasnt expecting my Greddy to go out on me. Probe is good, checked all my connections with my meter they are all good. Needle is pegged and wont move. I was thinking about replacing it any ways to match the other Ultra Lites but money and budget is a big factor right now. Have a good day everyone
IMG_0360.jpg

Ty McBride
Team Leader/Owner
McBride Motorsports

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back