The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

MAPerformance Employee takes his daily driver to the track!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maperformance

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 11, 2007
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Hey guys one of our Employee's recently took his 1G AWD Auto car to the track. Thought I would share the Results.

Here is a quick breakdown on the car.

1992 Eagle Talon AWD Auto
Stock auto transmission with line pressure mod and end clutches
Stock internal 4g63
Brian Crower 272 cams
MAP Beehive Valve Springs
MAP Ultimate Duty Head studs
Felpro Permatorque
AGX Struts with Tien Springs
MAP EF1 turbo upgrade
2.5" DP
3"Thermal Dynamics Cat-Back
Stock O2 Housing :)
FIC 1100cc Injectors
255 HP Wally
Fuel Lab AFPR with MAP install kit
8" FMIC
DSM Link V3
Everything else is stock
Full weight on crappy tires
1.61 60' on this pass

MAP EF1 first pass at Rock Falls Raceway - YouTube

^^ read it says EF1 turbo.. it's a turbo they make in house. I thought you guys weren't going to make that turbo for the DSM market??

Last edited:
Hey guys one of our Employee's recently took his 1G AWD Auto car to the track. Thought I would share the Results.

Here is a quick breakdown on the car.

1992 Eagle Talon AWD Auto
Stock auto transmission with line pressure mod and end clutches
Stock internal 4g63
Brian Crower 272 cams
MAP Beehive Valve Springs
MAP Ultimate Duty Head studs
Felpro Permatorque
AGX Struts with Tien Springs
MAP EF1 turbo upgrade
2.5" DP
3"Thermal Dynamics Cat-Back
Stock O2 Housing :)
FIC 1100cc Injectors
255 HP Wally
Fuel Lab AFPR with MAP install kit
8" FMIC
DSM Link V3
Everything else is stock
Full weight on crappy tires
1.61 60' on this pass

MAP EF1 first pass at Rock Falls Raceway - YouTube

Just look a little harder.

We do not have new turbos for the dsm but we are working on some turbo upgrade options for you guys.

That's all gravy, completely understand!
can you elaborate more on these upgrade options, if at all possible?

Thanks,

Shawn

Dude it clearly says EF1 Turbo upgraded LOL. Where the hell are you guys getting stock from.

And is this necessary?
He has been corrected twice already, i don't think a comment like that is very appropriate for this thread and it's meaning!

That's all gravy, completely understand!
can you elaborate more on these upgrade options, if at all possible?

Thanks,

Shawn

And is this necessary?
He has been corrected twice already, i don't think a comment like that is very appropriate for this thread and it's meaning!

Dude Relax... That's why it clearly has "LOL" in it. and It was asked more than once until people changed their posts. ;). I've been thinking hard about this turbo since I saw it on mitsustyle.

Stock Turbo? LoL I missed it.

This would be an EF1 upgrade to his 16g. It utilizes are 69x Compressor wheel which is about 47lb/min wheel and stock turbine wheel.

I have been waiting to hear news about MAP's new turbos, I know there was a vendor announcement a while back about these, and never saw anything else about it, for the dsms that is. I see the turbos for the Evolution platform.

What turbine wheel is that mated with?

It would be awesome if you sold compressor wheels just for DSMs, that lets us use out evo316g and rebuild it with a difference compressor.

Would this be the upgrade? We would probably have to send out turbos in to have them upgrade right?

So right now we can upgrade the 16g to a ef1 or an ef2 at a minimal cost. In order to do an ef3 or ef 4 you actually need a different compressor and some more in depth machining on our end.

EF1:The EF1 compressor wheel upgrade uses our 69x 5-blade compressor wheel and TD05 Exhaust Wheel

EF2: The EF2 Uses the same 69x compressor wheel, but adds a larger turbine wheel for a decrease in exhaust manifold back pressure.

So right now we can upgrade the 16g to a ef1 or an ef2 at a minimal cost. In order to do an ef3 or ef 4 you actually need a different compressor and some more in depth machining on our end.

EF1:The EF1 compressor wheel upgrade uses our 69x 5-blade compressor wheel and TD05 Exhaust Wheel

EF2: The EF2 Uses the same 69x compressor wheel, but adds a larger turbine wheel for a decrease in exhaust manifold back pressure.

Is this any of the 16g we can send in? (small big evo3)

Since you upgrade the turbine wheel for the EF2, do you still use the stock 7cm housing machined to fit the upgraded turbine wheel?

What are these compressor wheels made of?

Also what covers do these turbos use? Is it the stock td05 cover? Not having to change my current intercooler piping would be awesome.

I know this isn't the right place to discuss pricing, but I am sure thats a thought thats crossing peoples minds. I will pm you about this.

What is the estimated, or measured flow, in lbs/min of the ef3 and ef4?

I had to chime in as I'm the owner of said car. When putting this together I though quick, responsive but not sacrificing top end. Naturally I took a look at what we could do with the 16G being budget minded and we created the EF1 upgrade. I have run the face off this thing all summer with nothing but smiles on my face.

It has very good early hit characteristics of a 16g but with the top end they are lacking. I have logged 30 plus psi to 7500 without seeing the airflow numbers fall off. If you are a 16g owner with the want for more top end this is the beast.

AS for the passes. I will be out next year to pop off a 10.90 pass with this turbo. I could feel it has more in it. This track is known for wheel spin and I had plenty of it. So next spring some good stickies and a few tweaks to promote flow and 10's on a 16g with full interior and working AC.

If anyone has more questions please feel free to ask.

What is the estimated, or measured flow, in lbs/min of the ef3 and ef4?

It will very from platform to platform. But roughly EF3 55lbs/min and EF4 65 lbs/min. This will be determined more precisely once we can do some testing on the bigger set-ups for DSM.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back