The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

making a skunk2 silencer even quieter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robotech

Proven Member
Aug 28, 2014
Millers Falls, Massachusetts
I unfortunately live in Massachusetts and there are strict laws on exhaust noise especially when it comes to passing inspection. I bought a Skunk2 and retrofitted it to go inside of the stock 3" muffler I had. (I don't know what it is to be honest it came with the car). The question is, is there any way to make it quieter? I've heard about guys putting lots of steel wool into their exhaust, but to me that just doesn't seem like the right thing to do since this car has a big FPBlack turbo and needs a lot of exhaust discharge coming through. I was thinking about wrapping the nozzle that comes out of the skunk 3" plate (inside of the muffler) with a little more steel wool to see if it helps. Any ideas on how to make it quieter yet?
Thanks a lot
David

Some folks have added a resonator after the cat which would further help quieting things down. May be hard to find a 3" resonator but I haven't looked either.

Find an stock exhaust for your car at junkyard. Use the stock exhaust for emissions then bolt I your skunk 2 :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back