M/T 26 x 8.5-15 on a Awd 2G ?

Posted by kjarri, Sep 24, 2009
Drag Strip - Preparation, technique, tips, and "kill" stories from the Drag Strip. No street racing discussions.

Please Support Extreme Turbo Systems
  1. kjarri

kjarri Probationary Member

DSM Profiles:
    Reykjavik, Europe
    Are any of you running slicks like the M/T 26 x 8.5-15 on a Awd 2G ?

I'm looking for a 26" tall slicks and would like to run them on a 15" wheel but I know the 2g have problem fitting large tires because of the spindles....

I know that the Hoosier qtp 26x9.5-16 on a 16x7 et40 wheels fit but I would like more rubber on there.

Are any of you running 26" slicks on 15" wheels? And what are your wheel and slick specs ?

Thanks,
    Kjartan V.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  2. hpa

hpa Probationary Member

Gatineau, Quebec_Canada
    Yes its fits, i used old infinity wheels to clear the calipers, and a 5/16 wheel spacer. worked great.

keltalon likes this.
  3. mini zilo

mini zilo Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Chicago, Illinois
    IMG_2682.jpg

26x?x15 with 15" slipstreams on my brothers car. I'll have to ask him the width.

keltalon likes this.
  4. keltalon

keltalon Supporting VIP

DSM Profiles:
    Newnan,Atlanta, Georgia
    I know the thread is old but answered my question. Now I need to find 2 rims now that I have the slicks. I am hitting the track next weekend:D