The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Low Budget 90 GST Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah, and more work than simply swapping two wires (something a quick search would have uncovered).

Hal

A thousand times apologies for my whining. I guess if I'd have consumed a bit more cheese (being that I'm from wisconsin), I'd have mellowed out before posting such naive statements. I'm sure all the members don't have time to answer every noob post, as well as santa clause can't read everyone's Christmas wishes. I'm new to dsms but troubleshooting is definitely not something new to me. I'm an electronics repair technician with no former education, and likewise, I'm sure most of the members on this site have learned what they know by reading the forums and by first hand experience. But! In my field, most information on the type of electronic repair I do is proprietary, and most people posting informative YouTube videos on this kind of stuff break the device, DURING THE VIDEO. So figuring it out myself has never been an issue. I could have taken the time to read the forums but I'm afraid that if I had, more than just my tools would have been stolen out of my friend's garage. I don't have the luxury of time. I'm writing the policies and procedures for repair for my department, on.. I couldn't tell you how many devices.. Perhaps hundreds, all on my own. I work more than 60 hours a week. So forgive me for being lazy. But now that my car is no longer there, I'm a bit more relaxed. I'm still determined to get these tweaks figured out, especially without the help from anyone from this site, because that's just the way I am. I'm actually going to look into removing myself from this site, just because it reminds me of Facebook (but for dsmers). Again, I apologize for what I said. It's been a stressful week, and I'm sure that most members on this site are stressed, being that they own dsms.

Actually.. If someone could just have me banned.. That'd be awesome.

And a hack job? Oh how I envy you. Your mind is so placid, straight forward, barely used. Same motor and same harness, which was installed into the shell of a perfectly working dsm. Swapped into the harness where only two plugs are different, and this throws everything off. Is this what it's like in all of your heads? It must be so vacant.

Alright let me put my 2 cents in here the car community should be a family the reason the forums were created was to give guys with common interest to go to talk about there car and ask for help and advice when needed. You are all saying that Dave should of just searched on his own but how many of u guys knew he was a newbie to the site not one of u thought oh ya maybe I should guid him on how to find the answer. If u can't take 5 min out of your day to either help him find his answer or give him advice yourself why are u on here just to talk about your car and your car only which in most cases were bought and not built. Now for the reason I got involved on this thread I have know Dave for a couple years and he did pull this swapp off by himself he does have a fully 90 swapped 93 Tsi awd it does run and as far as it needed tweaks well thats just come with the fact that it's a dsm. And for you guys to question what work he put into his car and to tell him to post a log is bs what reason do any of u have to question anything he did or does after all he is the one that was man enough to post a thread asking for help that none of you could answer. And it's crazy that you can say no one is gonna take time out of there day to answer a question that he can look up on his own when you guys will sit her and run your mouths for days on this post when u could of just helped him from the start. I personally feel that Dave should not be removed from the forum you guys that " aren't going to take time out of your day to help him or point him the right way" should be four being lazy and selfish and only careing about your own car and not helping out a fellow member. This site like other dsm forums I filled with a bunch of groupies that get a dsm and think there cool just remember its people like Dave that u people end up bringing your car to because you don't know how to work on it yourself ha just remember karma with get hers

He may be a newb but he's great at one thing.

Making excuses.

People help because they CHOOSE to help (or not).

People who EXPECT to be spoon fed are taking advantage of others.

By searching, one shows that he/she is respectful of the time and effort others have made in sharing knowledge and building the knowledge base.

If someone has time to post the question, they have time to actually use the search feature, no excuses.

Why, because while they're sitting on their ass waiting for an answer they could have already found it in the search results.

Whining because help was not forthcoming is a sure way to piss people off and thus narrow the pool of people willing to help even further.

Hal

It's kinda weird u say he makes excuses and he wanted to be spoon fed because he wanted to sit on his ass and have everything handed to him ok for one he is the one that did the complete swap on his own without any of you guys helping him because u guys are the ones that sit on your asses and just read other peoples thread and can't give help them at all because of lack of knowladge So remember when your calling him lazy he is the one that did it not u u were to lazy to lend a helping even if it was re direction him to the right section and asking someone for advice is not being spoon fed no one has anything to prove to anyone on this site and I would put money on the fact that if I were to look though every one of your guys post all of u have asked a question at one point so I guess remember we have all been "spoon fed"

Yeah, he wasted his time and didn't accomplish his goal.

Changing the harness doesn't solve the issue about the ecu pin out being different.

Were all lazy because we don't answer every question posted?

You really have some misconceptions about how things work.

Hal

His pin out is fine hints the motor and harness swap oh sorry he didn't spell it out enough for you let me put it in bright colors for you so u can understand he took his motor engine harness and ecu out of his 1990 Mitsubishi eclipse Gst blue in color and put them into his 1993 eagle talon Tsi awd red in color and as far as me not knowing how things work I don't use forums because most of the people on them are just link posters and I don't need help on these cars

I downloaded ecm link to my laptop about a month ago and logged this. I haven't done any tuning yet. The person I bought dsm link from tuned it for me like this a couple months ago. I've been trying to get a hold of him to have him retune, but he's been a flake, took some parts from me and didn't pay me, and changed his number. Which is why I'm trying to learn how to use it...
He probably tuned it for bad intentions dude, if he chipped away from you like that:barf: . But that's my opinion.

I suggest you review the pin outs for the 90 ecu vs the 91 thru 94 model year units.

Hal

U are correct about the pinning being different that's why a 90 is a stand alone but with that being said the difference is in the engine harness hints why there is no longer a 93 harness in the car

Here is a link for you 1G DSM ECU PINOUT, in case you wondered what magic ritual had to be executed to reach this secretive piece of information I just googled '1g dsm ecu pinout' and this is the first link that pops out.

So, the proven member just post links, what should they do, come to your house and fix it for you? If you were Kate Upton there may be a chance...

The two pins that are swapped (and I am still arguing with myself over the use of the word pinning) are pin 6 and 14, Idle switch (OP, does that ring a bell) and Air Flow sensor Reset. How the two being swapped can cause idle problem? Not too hard to guess.

OP, having done what I understand is your job for a number of years and for multiple types of device (the type that have several hundred of wires to give you an idea), if your approach to debugging electronic devices is to chop and hack at a good harness rather than just swap two pins I feel confident saying that you don't have any business in the service/repair industry let alone write the procedures for others to follow. I seriously hope I misunderstood your post, in that case I stay corrected.

In any case the link I provided should answer all your doubts about the two different setup. There's nothing wrong asking a question even though it has been answered a million times, what is wrong is demanding an answer at gunpoint with a blanks loaded gun...then it becomes entirely your problem, if you catch my drift...

This had nothing to do with me being lazy. As soon as I posted that comment saying that I questioned the members intelligence is what got their attention, ed. I'm done with this site. Ha. Excuses. I did a full motor and harness swap by myself. Yup. Super lazy. And you lower the IQ of this entire site Hal. You must be boring. Not bored. But boring.

As soon as I posted that comment saying that I questioned the members intelligence is what got their attention

... and it wasn't the response you expected was it?

Did you think people would fall over each other in a rush to apologize for not answering your question?

If you don't like this forum, there's always teamnabr.com :D

Hal

Hal in case u haven't noticed neither of us really give a shit about your answer when he asked for it u could say anything Probly because u don't know don't actually have any knowladge beyond a oil change with that being said lock this post up the car is done all anyone is doing I waisteing there time reading your bs

hal in case u haven't noticed neither of us really give a shit about your answer when he asked for it u could say anything probly because u don't know don't actually have any knowladge beyond a oil change with that being said lock this post up the car is done all anyone is doing i waisteing there time reading your bs

rofl

Here is a link for you 1G DSM ECU PINOUT, in case you wondered what magic ritual had to be executed to reach this secretive piece of information I just googled '1g dsm ecu pinout' and this is the first link that pops out.

So, the proven member just post links, what should they do, come to your house and fix it for you? If you were Kate Upton there may be a chance...

The two pins that are swapped (and I am still arguing with myself over the use of the word pinning) are pin 6 and 14, Idle switch (OP, does that ring a bell) and Air Flow sensor Reset. How the two being swapped can cause idle problem? Not too hard to guess.

OP, having done what I understand is your job for a number of years and for multiple types of device (the type that have several hundred of wires to give you an idea), if your approach to debugging electronic devices is to chop and hack at a good harness rather than just swap two pins I feel confident saying that you don't have any business in the service/repair industry let alone write the procedures for others to follow. I seriously hope I misunderstood your post, in that case I stay corrected.

In any case the link I provided should answer all your doubts about the two different setup. There's nothing wrong asking a question even though it has been answered a million times, what is wrong is demanding an answer at gunpoint with a blanks loaded gun...then it becomes entirely your problem, if you catch my drift...

I was being sarcastic. Thank you for your input. I do appreciate it. But I figured all of this out without having to read that link. Most people see but don't observe what's in front of them. And that's why I'm good at what I do, in the business that I'm in. But I'm glad to see that at least one member fell for it; there should be an icon for sarcasm, if there isn't one already.

Ah, Ok then, that was funny...sorry but English is not my first language, your sarcasm must have fallen in one of the many cracks of my ignorance (and I am not being sarcastic).

Are you having any problems with the tachometer?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back