The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Lotek gauge pod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95burgundyesi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2006
Rockford, Illinois
I am about o order my pod, but just thought I would as if tuners get a discount because i see they have a coupon box. Well if not, i hope it gets here by the end of the week.

I just purchased mine... Very nice piece, quick shipping and fits like a glove! :thumb:

Hmmm, does the lotek pillar replace the stock one or does it bolt up to the stock one?
Anyone know what color they come in to match a grey interior?

Hmmm, does the lotek pillar replace the stock one or does it bolt up to the stock one?
Anyone know what color they come in to match a grey interior?

It replaces the stock pillar. I believe if it says 'full pillar' in the description on the Mitsu page, it does. It does for 2g's but I don't think it does for 1g's. And they come in gray. I can take a picture of mine later if you'd like to see how it matches (I have gray pillar with gray interior).

It replaces the stock pillar. I believe if it says 'full pillar' in the description on the Mitsu page, it does. It does for 2g's but I don't think it does for 1g's. And they come in gray. I can take a picture of mine later if you'd like to see how it matches (I have gray pillar with gray interior).

Ahh alright cool, reason i asked was because I saw the little button looking things.
You can add me to the list.:thumb:

Here are some pictures of the pillar off the car.

Attachments

• Picture 001 (Small).jpg
    Picture 001 (Small).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 3,241
  • Picture 003 (Small).jpg
    Picture 003 (Small).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,032
You guys should look on Ebay for pillars. They have them for a whole lot less. I bought mine from Glowshift Gauges. Perfect fit, looks great with the high gloss black, and matches my interior. I might paint the right side pillar to match it. I'll take pics if anyone wants them. I'll have them up by the weekend.

Did you have to do any drilling to mount them?

Yes, you need to drill 2 holes to mount the pillar. The pillar comes with screws and screw covers, and I'm pretty sure they have directions that say what size drill bit to use. It is a simple process. Just hold the pillar up, mark where the holes should be with a sharpie or something and drill the holes.

I've always hated the A-Pillar pods. Every time I pass an Eclipse GS, I see that stupid thing with these really bright gauges that I'm sure are just for show. I prefer the stealth approach and just not let anyone know you have modified your car. I've been looking at this: Amazon.com:]Amazon.com:]Amazon.com: 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gauge Cluster: Automotive 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gauge Cluster: Automotive[/url] 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gauge Cluster: Automotive

That combined with a new boost and something yet to be determined would be ideal imo.

d

Thank you Paul for opening this back up :)

I asked Lotek to send me a coupon code for members to use on their purchases from www.gaugepods.com // Lotek Inc..

The disount will be %15.00 off any Mitsubishi product that is $29.99 and up. The coupon will be good for 30 days from date of issue.

They haven't emailed me the coupon code yet, but as soon as I get it I will post it here.

Man, Lo-Tek works fast!

The coupon code is "dsmgroup15". Select your item at www.gaugepods.com // Lotek Inc. and add to cart. Enter the code and click redeem coupon. Finish processing order.

The code is good for the Mitsubishi category of $29.99 and up and is valid for 1 month.

Please note that we stock a limited amount of material to make these products. So, if there is a big rush on a certain item, it will be first
come, first serve. If we run out of material the order will be placed on
back order and ship as soon as we can make more (about 3 weeks).

Currently we are awaiting material for the Evo triple. That should be in next week.

Thanks,
Lo-Tek, Inc.

I've always hated the A-Pillar pods. Every time I pass an Eclipse GS, I see that stupid thing with these really bright gauges that I'm sure are just for show. I prefer the stealth approach and just not let anyone know you have modified your car. I've been looking at this: Amazon.com:]Amazon.com:]Amazon.com: 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gauge Cluster: Automotive 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gauge Cluster: Automotive[/url] 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gauge Cluster: Automotive

That combined with a new boost and something yet to be determined would be ideal imo.

d

+1 stealth look FTW. I had an a pillar pod from lotek it does replace the old a pillar piece. Its a very good piece but the gauges got very distracting at night. I took it off though cut out my cigarette lighter and put my boost gauge. Now I am currently fiberglassing a 2 gauge pod that replaces the ashtray and cupholder that will extrude and be angled to face the driver.

Every single gauge cluster pod I've seen sucks (I run both a triple a pillar pod and dual gauge cluster pods) The fitment is OK, but the main quarrel is the fact that the gauge will not sit flush inside the pod due to the long barbs that stick out of the gauge for adjustment. If you ever look at one of these, they mount so close to the plastic for the gauge cluster that it is nearly impossible to get the gauge to sit flush.

Aside from that, being that I run both types of setups, I much prefer my apillar pod gauges versus the gauge cluster ones. Reason being, I always have to look down while driving to look at these gauges. Very inconvenient IMO. All 3 of my important gauges are mounted on my a pillar because they are in direct line of sight and the 'secondary' gauges are mounted in the cluster. I really couldn't care less if joe-shmoe next to me thinks I'm running a volt meter and wind shield washer level gauge; seeing the needle to my oil pressure, wideband, and boost is much more important.

Every single gauge cluster pod I've seen sucks (I run both a triple a pillar pod and dual gauge cluster pods) The fitment is OK, but the main quarrel is the fact that the gauge will not sit flush inside the pod due to the long barbs that stick out of the gauge for adjustment. If you ever look at one of these, they mount so close to the plastic for the gauge cluster that it is nearly impossible to get the gauge to sit flush.

What are the "long barbs that stick out of the gauge for adjustment"? The Autometer gauges my brother has had two threaded rods that stuck out of the back to mount them in a cup. Those were hitting the inside of the pillar so I just cut them off.

Yea, sorry, was typing in a rush and that description sounded a lot better in my head. I also cut the threaded rod off, but it's still not enough to get these damn gauges to sit flush.

Hmm thats odd. What brand a-pillar do you have? My brother has the Lotek pillar with Autometer Cobalt gauges and they fit fine in there, although it is close. He even has a hose barb on the back of the boost gauge that extends pretty far out and it still fits.

I have the lotek on my GSX, but recently had personal experience with Glowshift's, you can see my writeup and review on it here:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...owshift-tinted-7-color-gauges-pillar-pod.html

So how do the 2 compare? I'll just quote myself:

I have arguably the "best" a-pillar pod on my GSX which is the Lotek/Gaugepod.com brand. It too is a 3gauge pod. So how does it compare? It's pretty darn good. The only complaint with the Glowshift brand is there are no holes, so you have to make your own when you mount it. It also doesn't come with screws and screw caps like the Lotek does. But those do NOT justify the extra price of the Lotek, so the Glowshift is GREAT! As for fitment, also PERFECT! As you can see in the pictures below:

Glowshift pods are the same price from other EBAY vendors I believe, but glowshift has fast shipping and customer service from ordering from them 3 times. I believe they started out on EBAY.

The nice thing about Lotek, is you can get the pod prepainted to match already. Just have to weigh out what's really important to you and if the high price justifies them.

Either way can't go wrong.

Hmm thats odd. What brand a-pillar do you have? My brother has the Lotek pillar with Autometer Cobalt gauges and they fit fine in there, although it is close. He even has a hose barb on the back of the boost gauge that extends pretty far out and it still fits.

No, no. Sorry I didn't specify. I have a Lotek triple pod with autometer gauges and it fits like a glove. The problem I speak of is the gauge cluster mounted pods.

No, no. Sorry I didn't specify. I have a Lotek triple pod with autometer gauges and it fits like a glove. The problem I speak of is the gauge cluster mounted pods.

I don't mean to keep going on about this but my brother has an Autometer Cobalt water temp gauge in an OBX cluster mounted pod too and it fits fine. We had to cut the threaded rods off for that one also. Ok, I'm done now. Sorry to keep on about this Tom :)

OK last shot here.. LOTEK grey pod matches great with my 3 52mm gauges, off-brand gauge bezel sucks. The threaded rod from behind the water temp gauge has been hacked off as close as possible to the gauge and it has been pushed as far back as possible.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Wanted to thank turbosax2 for getting us this great discount! Just ordered mine tonight along with some prosport gauges!! Thanks dude

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back