Losing Power Steering Fluid

Posted by jb95gst, Sep 28, 2004
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. jb95gst

jb95gst Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Hey all, I am loosing alot of power steering fluid from around the firewall area. I have not gotten too look at it real good, b/c of rain and work. My question is could this just be a line that cracked or does it sound like it is the gearbox(hoping not, b/c satan said it is 930.00$). If it is the gearbox, what other options are out there? Also if I take of my power steering belt would it be ok to drive?
    Thanks, JB
  2. DSM90AWD

DSM90AWD DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    Bear, Delaware
    I had the same issue which turned out to be a leak around the pump banjo outlet itself.
    There are two rubber o-rings on the banjo-bolt that dry out and allow fluid to leak past over time.

.05 fix
  3. jb95gst

jb95gst Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Are you talking about the banjo fitting on the pump? Mine is leaking from near the firewall, I know that much, but I have not been able to jack it up yet and get a close look.
    I know when it was dripping, it some of it would hit the down pipe, b/c it would burn while I drove it.
    Thanks, JB