The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Looking to upgrade fp black......What would you pick

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1st pic in my last post is exactly what too cut out for a big drain if you're talking about the roll stop bracket. I thought I took a picture of it by itself but can't find it.
Edit. Here is just a blow up. Plasma cutter made it a lot easier.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Yep. You will think it's a lot but just make sure you leave material around bolt hole so you can keep that monster in your bay. You will see there is a reinforcement in the rollstop bracket that will limit your cut some or at least on my 90 there was. :thumb:
And I'm sure I don't have to say it but deburr all the edges so you never have a sharp edge to possibly cut into your drain.

It's chilly out but I have my header and turbo off if you need a picture. I could go out and shoot one real fast.

Its still dirty since its 34* out but this is what you will do....

As you see you can leave MORE material around the roll stop mount itself but you need to cut it straight back to the reinforcement plus just a bit more.

Last edited:
I didn't have too cut too much on mine. I did make my own drain line out of scrap flanges and aluminum piping. This is a mock up as I still need to weld them. ID is about 17mm. Pretty close to a 12an ID.

1st pic in my last post is exactly what too cut out for a big drain if you're talking about the roll stop bracket. I thought I took a picture of it by itself but can't find it.
Edit. Here is just a blow up. Plasma cutter made it a lot easier.
Turbo is in tmrw, I'm getting the car ready

Attachments

• IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 71
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back