The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Looking to upgrade fp black......What would you pick

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have searched the interwebz multiple times and have yet to find the pressure requirements. :( I have just been able to find that a lot of guys run 4an lines and an drain with no restrictors.

Like a Holset does. It is a journal bearing unit and I would bet BW can tell you their requirements but @JusMX141 can tell you, I would bet money. Hopefully my tag will get Justin to give his input on it. She's a big unit!

Lmao. Yeah. Hey if you CAN run a bigger drain do it. It's better to be able to get rid of excess oil than possibly blow thru a turbo seal from backup if you feed it heavy from the ofh. Your turbo will be very happy.

Lmao. Yeah. Hey if you CAN run a bigger drain do it. It's better to be able to get rid of excess oil than possibly blow thru a turbo seal from backup if you feed it heavy from the ofh. Your turbo will be very happy.
Most bottom mount manifolds can only handle s cover housings. The s300 series is basically an h series.....these turbos will only fit a top mount manifold..... I'm assuming

Most bottom mount manifolds can only handle s cover housings. The s300 series is basically an h series.....these turbos will only fit a top mount manifold..... I'm assuming
From what I gather a lot of guys fun this with the evo. He said it's a 65/65 garret t3

Bro I hope you reach your goals and find the perfect turbo manifold combo to get you there. Is the black real laggy and what's the spool up and power band like. In other words how soon do you see full boost. 3800; 3600; 4000; 4200rpms....????

The black is a great turbo,i have full boost by 4500 give or take. These 8cm turbos are wonderful truly. It's just time for me to grow.
Came in .... I don't mess around. When I set my mind to something

Attachments

• IMG_2386.JPG
    IMG_2386.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 118
Every other forum I can find info on has nearly everyone running 10an drains on the 200-300 series, which is what i'll be running.
You'll likely have oiling issues with 10AN unless you're running a top-mount manifold.

The majority of brands running these turbos don't have a drain that enters the pan below oil level and has the engine leaning forward about 15* in the engine bay which lets oil pool in the drain elbow in front of the pan. Any turbo receiving oil unrestricted from the filter housing on a DSM should be running a 12AN drain.

You'll likely have oiling issues with 10AN unless you're running a top-mount manifold.

The majority of brands running these turbos don't have a drain that enters the pan below oil level and has the engine leaning forward about 15* in the engine bay which lets oil pool in the drain elbow in front of the pan. Any turbo receiving oil unrestricted from the filter housing on a DSM should be running a 12AN drain.

It'll be on a top mount.

That *helps* because it lengthens the physical drain and give it more fall before reaching the pan, but you can always benefit from using a 12AN drain. A 10AN drain has a smaller inside diameter than a stock drain and should only be used on ball bearing turbos.

A good video illustrating the differences from another turbocharger repair vendor:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is what I run and have had zero issues with it. The real main parts are the turbo oil adaptor and the oil pan adaptor, the rest can be made if you are on a tight budget. I used the whole kit.

Yes, the 1g front roll stop has to be trimmed on one side in order for the drains to clear them, with a Holset anyway.....I found some pictures that should help.

I run the same manifold. Great piece. The front motor mount on my 1g had to be trimmed for oil drain clearance
which is normal, but there is plenty of room for large compressor and turbine housings.
I'm running a bulfab front cross member , are you running the oem crossmember

Yes I am on the oem crossmember, but the engine mount bracket that needs to be cut down bolts to the block, So im pretty sure we would be using the same piece in that spot, regardless of crossmember.
Do you have a picture of how much you cut out .... final product I mean

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back