The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

looking to build a cool car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuntree84

Probationary Member
Jul 24, 2011
mt. pleasant, Michigan
:cool: im looking to do a 420a build on the hole motor over the winter but i dont have a lot of money because i go to college. i am studying automotive at mmcc so i got some help there but i dont really know where to start looking for parts because most junkyards around here dont have eclipses or even talons and most of the parts are to much for brand new.

Building a 420a (Correctly) and "budget" dont go together.. Classifieds are a good place to look. But other then that, theres not a whole lot of quality off the shelf parts for us. What are your goals with the car? that will help us understand what you actually need... Imo, you may want to start with a differnt platform.. bootsing something thats not meant for boost also makes you beef everything up, Like trans etc.. Most forget that part.. its not just building the motor and putting a turbo on.. You need to do trans , suspension, mounts etc.. or else your just going to spin.

No offence, but if your looking for cheap... get a civic and build that.. Its the reason they are so popular, Plentiful cheap parts..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back