The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

looking for the Saskatchewan DSM'S

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've done the clutch in the Eclipse once already, I didn't find it too hard just pulling the trans, especially since I've made the engine bay much simpler. Now doing the trans on the 3000GT was worse, that thing is way heavier.

mike- i cant imagine many of us will be at all competitive in the +2 class at swift, but who knows. i never heard what times won the +2. i know the +1 class was won by a 13 second pass. and the +3 was an 8 second pass. maybe they wouldnt notice the awd and let me compete in +1? LOL.
im not getting into the whole mines faster than yours crap, it winds up costing too much money! best to just compete against yourself, maximum fun isnt necessarily maximum ets or peak power

Hey brandon, so looks like itll be a while till im up in saskatoon, think we could look at tossing those brakes on the bus sometime? Unless you know someone making the trip this way soonish?

It definitely has been fun just seeing how far the Eclipse has come only competing against itself. Started out 15.1, got 13.6 on stock stock sidemount ic, then ran 12.7 with 16g and slipping clutch. shouldn't take much more to run 11s.

LOL it looks nice though

it has rusty strut towers and its alberta car so ill cut it up. i was hoping it was safety-able but thats why it was cheap!!!

well if you keep the cylinder head long term I'd like that, eventually when I build an engine I'll go 2g head. LOL I also wish the Megan coilovers were for a 1g

i have 3 complete 2g engines so just hope i blow one if the bottom ends up! i have 3 extra 1g heads i think. im starting to think i should just hoard more and stop advertising. i dont want to run out

Man, you go through cars way too quick. Keep anything good from that 2g that I might be interested in?

this one ill most likely keep as a daily.
i pulled lots of cool stuff but not really looking to sell any of it
e16g/fp mani
screamer pipe(pending sale)
680s/magnus fuel rail/braided lines/afpr
wideband/pyro/boost pillar
strut braces (not worth much)
full fmic kit with greddy bov
i mean obviously id sell anything for the right price but im not "looking to sell" as in, post the 16g for $200.

i dont think he would have taken the trade if i would have pulled those parts. and thats a lot of work. i got my moneys worth just out of the goodies i kept. this talon gsx is pretty damn good shape, no rust whatsoever.

and i thought slotted/drilled brakes were junk? still got those ones i pulled from the red auto sitting here

Yeah no worries, definitely makes sense. Yeah just checking haha, I prefer solid rotors anyways over the slotted.

Anyone coming from Saskatoon to regina any time soon? I dont think Ill make it up there any time soon at this rate...

Slotted rotor's are the best, drilled rotors are the ones you want to stay away from and they tend to heat crack over time or quickly if its a track car.

Are those rotor's for the 2 piston callipers Brandon?
RTM is taking they're sweet time making brackets for the second gen VR4 callipers I have and seeing as I have 2 freshly rebuilt 2 piston's I may as well use them.
If anyone know's where I can get a nice black 1gb hood and some power doors with window's that aren't all f***ed up please let me know. I also in need of a good condition moon roof and latch.

I'm going to be revamping my 1g here right away, Fixing everything thats still broken on it and completing a bucket list of mods as well as finally finishing off my new engine so I can run it in.

Possibly getting out of the dsm game this fall (for real this time), might be buying a the new mk7 Golf R and then going all out for a mk4 Supra. I have a good while to ponder it, the decision has yet to be made completely but I am leaning toward that route. I'd be pulling the brand new engine in the talon and swapping in the 7 bolt before selling as I'd just loose the value of the new engine completely anyway's. Then sell off all my go fast parts separately to the highest bidder. I'd be keep the fresh 6 bolt for my next dsm, plus my spare tranny's, t-case, drive shaft and wiring harness but everything else would go. I can't really swing 3 cars any more (which is why I sold my mk2 supra) kinda makes getting the Supra and keeping the Talon difficult, I'd need a place to keep one or the other through out the year....Any volunteers? I'd love to have both!

@ Brandon Glad you plane on keeping this one, it looks good! Make sure to check the underside and inside the rocker panels to see if its really rust free. Mine hid majority of the rust in the rocker panels.

Last edited:
foget the supra and keep the talon, you just put way too much money in! keep my digits if you need trans rebuilt i work cheap

by keeping it i mean ill price it so high nobody will buy it

Ya I know I have way to much in it to ever come close to getting it back, it's just the price we pay. If I hadn't have spent so much time and effort cleaning this shell up I'd have sold it and got a Supra a while ago, it's because of that that it's been a struggle to decide. I'll never truly let the Supra go, it's the car of my dream's but so is the Talon of sorts. I'm just looking at which ones going to be the cheaper one to buy down the road.
I don't think I even have your digits any more, its been 3'ish years since I picked up that tran and drive shaft from you. I have your email still but that's about it, You still live on the west end?
I'll probably take you up on the trans rebuild offer at some point in the next while, I don't have the know how to do it correctly.
I might want your help to fix the throttle lag I get from a stand still tho, it's getting very annoying and I can't figure out what's causing it yet.

I dunno I've been bumping into a lot of "kids" that want a dsm bad lately, if someone took the time to look at it I'm sure it'd be a quick sale. But you should just keep it in my opinion, its getting way way to hard to find a good condition DSM....but you probably know that.

Anyone have a contact for Andrew (Nekid)?

anybody have a 7 bolt flywheel? i need one to test out my mystery injun

Troy should LOL

Lol i have both of your answers!
Im right in the middle of building my 6 bolt there brandon so i should have a 7 bolt fidanza flywheel for you to try out shortly.
Mike i'll send andrew a text and see if its ok to pass his number on to you.
Now i have a question for you folks, is anyone interested in the 3kgt rear brake setup i have? Im trying to find rebuild kits right now to freshn them up and makem look oober pretty before selling them off.
Also need to get rid off the 1gb eclipse bumpers I've got....at this point im giving them away to anyone who might even remotely need them.

i have a oem 6 bolt awd fly plus $100 if you dont already have a 6 bolt fly

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back