Looking for a Machine Shop - Valve Job

Posted by athlete3344, Jul 11, 2014

Please Support JNZ Tuning
  1. athlete3344

athlete3344 Proven Member

Joined May 1, 2010
    Tampa, Florida
    Anyone know if a halfway decent machine shop that will stand behind their work? Willing to travel a couple hours outside of Tampa if necessary.

I was looking into Darkside Performance but aparently they have closed.

My DSM:
  2. miliman13

miliman13 Proven Member

Joined Jan 1, 2011
    tampa, Florida
    rays machine shop

My DSM:
  3. codeofdastreets

codeofdastreets Proven Member

Joined Sep 25, 2008
    dunedin, Florida
    godwin in st pete or hps tarpon springs are both good..Owner of darkside works at a shop called vanquish (888-236-2823) in oldsmar..

4. minimarine09

minimarine09 Proven Member

Joined Sep 12, 2013
    tampa, Florida
    X2 for rays! On lois Ave. They are awesome
    They rebuilt my evos head

5. pascullon

pascullon Probationary Member

Joined Mar 2, 2014
    Spring Hill, Florida
    clearwater cylinder head does top of line work ive brought 12 pairs of cylinder heads to them and 4 blocks
    reasonable prices and i always received at least a 1 year warranty and in terms of performance upgrades tell them what you want they will do it or even bring your valves springs lifters or anything they will assemble them for you

6. javier347

javier347 Proven Member

Joined Oct 28, 2004
    Valrico, Florida
    Bringing this back, I went to Rays Performance since it was recommended here and boy what a disappointment they were.
    Took 4 moths to get a head resurfaced and block honed. They also put the head together but even that was not done right.
    Brought my parts to Dover Cylinder Head and Machine in Orlando and what a difference.

7. Dsmkauai

Dsmkauai Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Kauai, Hawaii
    Dale Morris

My DSM: