The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

looking for a 2g high rise spoiler

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haybale8

Probationary Member
Jan 30, 2015
Omaha, Nebraska
I've been trying to find a 2g high rise spoiler (red) for my talon but everything i'm finding online is always $200+ to get a painted one. The used ones i've found are always super beat up.
Does anyone know a good place to look for one thats under $200 painted in good/decent condition?

Just keep an eye on the classifieds here in the forums. They pop up all the time.

There's a guy that frequently posts full car part outs. His sales are usually in the very top thread on the site. Otherwise there will be some in the recent ads.

Your post really is a WTB classified and I know being probationary means you/we can't do classified posts so I'm sure you will get a pass on that :)

I make it a point to check the forums everyday at least once a day for the most recent ads that pop up. Just keep coming back and I'm sure you will get everything you need. Just takes a little time.

Good luck.

Also. The paint on the DSM is notoriously bad quality. This is something you will have to come to expect when buying used 15+ year body parts of questionable paint quality.

I personally have a great paint job other than the faded out high rise wing and my hood is faded as well.

I notice every morning the condensation/morning dew just sits on the top of my wing and hood. Every part of my paint is perfect except the wing and hood. Eventually I will replace/re spray them but for now this is just something we gotta deal with.

All of the used spoilers i've found on ebay and other sites are faded to the point where its not worth spending the money.
I don't know if i trust myself enough to buy a primed one and paint it without making mistakes.

All of the used spoilers i've found on ebay and other sites are faded to the point where its not worth spending the money.
I don't know if i trust myself enough to buy a primed one and paint it without making mistakes.

There really is nothing wrong with trying to do the paint thing yourself if you don't want to pay someone to do it. Never underestimate your own ability. The mistake is the only way you will learn the right way and wrong way. That is the best part ;)

The reason you pay a guy to do something is because he has already went through that process. Don't be afraid to do the process. There is no magic here. Just time.

Like that song "baby you can do it take your time do it right, you can do it baby, do it tonight" ;)

Color matched spray paint cans. Some patience. Some reading. Some YouTube vids. You got this.

Or just wait and find "the one" when it pops up for sale.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back