The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Look right? afpr kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShockDSM

Proven Member
Dec 31, 2015
Dearborn, Michigan
Hey guys, I got a great deal on a universal afpr kit. It has a few weird things going on though.
1. Each -an fitting has a small hole in the side of the fitting (see pic)

2. It only came with 4 o rings, 2 small 2 large that are hard metal inside with rubber on the outside. What are these for? They are flat and the kit says I need to buy orings for it. Should I just get a vitron assorted oring box?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also the fittings when I assemble them tightly and blow through them, they leak air. Is that because they need o rings installed in them on the base of the threaded part?

From what I understand there is supposed to be an indented section on the female threaded part of the fitting that the oring sits in. These fittings however are just threaded all the way up to the top with no indented spot for the oring to seat in.

Also is it okay to put the plug into the left side instead of the right that it came in? I want the line that goes to the rail to come out of the right side of the afpr so I put the plug into the left side. I also took out the pressure line fitting and put teflon tape on that and on the gauge threads before installing them. I know not to use teflon on any of the other fittings though.

Do you think the universal fitting that bolts to the fuel rail will work or should I just order the one that is made for 1g dsm fuel rails from STM and will that fitting they sell for a 1g fuel rail work for a 1990 rail? I have a 90 gsx.

Let me know what you guys think and thanks for the help!

90-94 fuel rails are all the same. I've seen some fittings have those holes in them, they don't leak when it's all together. I went and got a kit of O rings at harbor freight of all different sizes. You'll use them to put that together and you'll have different sizes for the injectors and extras.

Simplejoe, 1990 fuel rails are different than 91-94 in length and shaped differently. I'm not sure if the ends of the rail are different that's why I was asking about the fitting.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back