The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Logging with Tunerpro, some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchaazz

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 2, 2002
PENSACOLA, Florida
So, Ive got the Ostrich and ECMLINK cable all plugged into my laptop, in the car and configured, running properly. Ive just got a few questions regarding the setup, as I have not found any useful info during my searches. I am using the DSM ADX file, availible for download on the TP website.

Load cell tracing- I can get the timing cells to trace in realtime just fine, but for some reason the fuel cells will only trace for a few seconds, or it will just say "waiting" instead of "tracing". Is it just not possible to trace the fuel cells, or is something off? If you cant trace the fuel cells, its no biggie, as I can just go by the timing cells to know which fuel cells Im hitting.

Recording the load cell trace during a WOT pull- I cant seem to get this to work. Am I supposed to log with the dash, record the log, and the cell trace will play when I play back the log I recorded?

The logger seems to be a bit laggy in comparison to MMCD on a palm- I assume this is because, by default, Tunerpro elects to log every availible sensor simultaneously. With MMCD, I like to log only timing, wideband, rpm and knock, and use the tps as the trigger to record, and I just look at my fuel trims periodically to see if theyre ok. Is it possible to log only what you want to with Tuner pro, or do I have to log everything unless I edit the ADX to remove the sensors I dont want to see?

I do have a few more questions, but these are most important at the moment.

Too bad I didn't know you before I left Pensacola, I was the local Ostrich guy and could've shown you the ropes/helped you in person.

If you've got questions related to the Ostrich and general Tunerpro/DSM ECU sign up on forum.DSMECU.com. Most of us TP guys just log with an MMCD emulator. I've used Jackal to log in the past, but wouldn't pay for it just to log with it. There's a better adx logging file on the DSMECU forums that's easier to setup and get working though that a couple other TP guys use.

I actually made some decent improvements with the ADX. I configured two dashboards. One dash will display only low, mid, high, and O2 trims, along with O2 voltage, and I configured the ADX to only look at those five items, so the sample rate is pretty fast. Then, I configured another dash to display RPM, TPS, Knock, Timing and Wideband data, and configured the ADX to only look at these values and its nice. You just have to switch between logging commands, and it will automatically switch to the correct dash for the command. Wideband seems to be a little off, so Ive been playing with the calculation in an effort to dial it in.
Now if i could just figure out a way to get it to display highest and lowest values reached and get it to automatically begin recording a log when the TPS hits 100%, Id be very happy with Tunerpro as a logging solution. I still use MMCD 1.8 on a palm to log for now. I did try using the emulator, but the ECMLINK cable wont allow me to connect to the ecu and I dont really feel like building a new cable at the moment.

^^Hows that working out? I ended up with (x-11)*.0647+7.76, which is a little off without rescaling the output in Logworks. Did you rescale, or is that pretty close? Guess I should shut up and try it tonight after work.:p. Thanks a lot for the help!

Update. I now have the data trace function fully operational, and the cell tracing is recorded with the log, so now I can see exactly which cells are being used during a pull and see which cells need adjusting. Im really getting to like the logging function now, and Im working on a way to get the log to begin recording when the tps hits 100%.

hey everyone iv played with the tunerpro software some, just downloading the adx. And bin. Files and looking at what adjustment you can do. I do not have the emulator yet but was wondering if I could still play with the logging features, ie. logging wideband like you guys, load tracing, higher hz for logging air flow value. Will be buying emulator soon so would like to figure some of this out first. Thanks

Sure can, just hook the logger cable to the diagnostic port. If you have the stock bin and xdf and adx, you can log till you're sick of looking at it. :)

What cable are you using with the computer? If it's an old palm cable, you will have to switch the tx/Rx pins OR get a null modem and put in line between the aldl cable and the usb adapter.

Just by chance, did you hit the connect icon in the menu bar? It's the 2 blue arrows pointing left and right. When you hover over them it says aquire data. That connects you to the logging cable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back