The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash Logging non-supported WB in EVOscan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike96

15+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
Sorry for the long post but I am looking for some information on logging my Wide Band http://wbo2.com/2j/2j1.htm using Evoscan and my OP2.0 cable and the DSM ecu.

Here is a little background first. For a long time I had been running an EVO8 ecu in my car but had always had tuning issues, things that were not consistent or areas where I would make, say a small change in the AFR map but my WB would show major changes in an an area I was not shooting for. Very annoying. Any way, while I was running the Evo ecu I had been logging my WB through the rear O2 input as described here, http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecuflash/337823-how-log-afr-lc-1-w-o-serial-cable.html. The instructions in this link require you to make a change to the MUT table in order for this type of logging to work, or enable the included function if you have the appropriate Tephra modded ROM and this worked fine.

My wide band has 2 programmable outputs both capable of 0 to 5vdc however one of the two is limited and is recommended that you stay in the 0 - 1VDC range when simulating a NB sensor. Currently I have the NB output wired to the rear input on my ECU and it is programed as a linear scale from 1 - 0vdc (rich to lean). This is exactly how it was set up with the EVO ecu and I had no issues, it worked very well.

I recently swapped over to a flashable DSM ecu and now have no ability to log my WB via EVOscan. logging rear O2 voltage shows a consistent .05vdc coming into the ECU at all times. even going through the process of manipulating the WB output (changing the output to a constant 1v) made no change in the ECU reading. Now common since tells me that if there is a signal that simulates the output of an oxygen sensor it wired into the rear input then it should register that signal irregardless unless that circuit is disabled, Yes??? I don't see any option in the Prephiary bits or in Ceddy mods allowing me to disable the rear O2 and I have no CEL for the rear O2 sensor circuit.

SO my question is... Does anyone else have any experience in logging a WB (or other gauges for that matter) that is not natively supported by EVOscan such as innovative or ZTX. What steps did you take to get it working? Is there any other options I might be able to try? I am going to probe the back of the connector to verify that my WB is in fact outputting the voltage I am requesting it to, but otherwise I am at a little bit of a loss with this one.

Thanks
Mike.

P.S. Happy new year everyone.

I am successfully logging a full 0-5v signal from my Glowshift wideband. I too went through the rear o2 pin. I don't recall which pin it is, but it shouldn't be difficult to figure out. Make sure you have re-pinned the wideband to the correct ECU pin as it my vary from EVO to H8 black box. Once I installed the o2 wire to the pin, I didn't have to do anything for the MUT table. I just opened the rear o2 setting, renamed it to something like "Wideband," enabled it to always be a parameter that is logged, and modified the formula to display an AFR appropriate for my widebands 10.0:1-20.0:1 range and how that was calculated from voltage.

The rear o2 CEL is in the periphery bits.

I am successfully logging a full 0-5v signal from my Glowshift wideband. I too went through the rear o2 pin. I don't recall which pin it is, but it shouldn't be difficult to figure out. Make sure you have re-pinned the wideband to the correct ECU pin as it my vary from EVO to H8 black box. Once I installed the o2 wire to the pin, I didn't have to do anything for the MUT table. I just opened the rear o2 setting, renamed it to something like "Wideband," enabled it to always be a parameter that is logged, and modified the formula to display an AFR appropriate for my widebands 10.0:1-20.0:1 range and how that was calculated from voltage.

The rear o2 CEL is in the periphery bits.

Old thread but any chance you can share a copy of the formula that you used. I've been trying to research how to use the Rear 02 with my Wideband that I know all the data points to.. 1v=9 2v=13.0 2.85v=14.7 3v=15 4v=17 5v=19. etc
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Currently I have this in my logcfg.txt file.

paramname=O2SensorFront

paramid=0x13

scalingrpn=x,0.01952,*

(Which is the default)

paramname=O2SensorRearWB02

paramid=0x3C

scalingrpn=x,0.0355264,*,8.98,+

(Which i found on a forum but haven't tested yet)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back