The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

local mechanic (long beach area)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliff mccrary

Probationary Member
Apr 3, 2015
long beach, California
Got a 1992 eclipse gsx from a police auction, was towed on two wheels and now it's locked up. Ontop of that the key I made from the drivers door lock won't turn the ignition. Timing belt probably needs to be changed too because it's at 75k miles, the valve cover gasket is leaking too. I feel I could do most of the stuff myself but I'm not very good at diagnosing what's wrong haha. I would gladly pay someone to come give me a hand or even just for advice. Thanks for any responses in advance!

Hey guy im recently looking for a mechanic near long beach area did you fine a good one to work on your DSM?

Sam will help, but hopefully they didn't burn out the spider gear inside the trans, as for the key it probably changed the ignition from the key locks at one point in the cars history. get a lock smith to come out and make you a ignition key they charge around 25 bucks.

what part of long beach do you live in ?

I'm in Costa Mesa now. I got the car running good for about a week before something took a dump (trans I think), makes a nasty clunking/grinding noise when accelerating. I could already hear what sounded like tob going bad(clinking noise when at idle that goes away with clutch pushed in) so it might have something to do with that. Need to buy a new jack so I can confirm and change out trans and probably tcase too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back