The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

ECMlink Loading the max octane and timing tables

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

007jimmy

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2012
Levittown, Pennsylvania
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
How do I load the Evo octane tables into ecmlink? I've read the wikis and I simply do not understand. It says file open, but I don't see no direct access tab. It's just saved logs and nothing else. Tried to open the file on different computers and some coding comes up. What am I missing here?

You download the file just as you would any other file.

You need to use the ECMlink software application to open/view the file. To actually replace them, your laptop/ECMlink need to be connected to your car in order to access your car's DA tables, and swap them with your downloaded ones.

You download the file just as you would any other file.

You need to use the ECMlink software application to open/view the file. To actually replace them, your laptop/ECMlink need to be connected to your car in order to access your car's DA tables, and swap them with your downloaded ones.

I am having similar issue..

right click>saveas>download> evo8stock.eda

to open it from where I saved it at which in my case to figure this out saved it to the desktop I rightclick>openwith>ecmlink

when I do that it comes up with error code
what am I doing wrong here?

sorry for reviving a 2 yr old thread but figured id post how I figured this out.
1 open your cars direct access tables.
2 go to the downloaded stock evo 8 table file right click open, this will open a new tab in ecmlink showing the openloopmaxoct/minoct and timingmaxoct/timingmin tables you just downloaded. Right click on the first downloaded table and click "copy table"
3 go to your cars openloopmax table and right click "paste table" and this will replace your stock 2g numbers with the stock evo map you just copied.
now do this for openloopmin and timingmax/timingmin, WITH THE ENGINE OFF KEY ON click "save all to ecu" and if done properly you will get a pop up that says your making changes to the internal code of your ecu. Click "ok" or yes, and the files will start to flash to your ecu. You will notice that your check engine light flashes while the new numbers are being saved to the ecu.
I had no ill effects using these maps. Some fuel adjustments had to me made but all is well 2 months in daily driving after doing this. Good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back