The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Little help with Eclipse 2G GS-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Dragon

Probationary Member
Nov 26, 2014
Sarajevo, Europe
Hello everyone , sorry on bad english but I need some help from experts. Im from Bosnia&Hercegovina (Europe) and i have opportunity to buy Mitshbishi Eclipse 2G GS-T.
It is in very bad condition but I will buy it for reasonably good price.
My biggest concern is rust under the hood where are the shocks and springs connected , is it "normal" for Eclipse to rust or? Its not to much but it made a hole maybe like 2 fingers can go through and it is on both sides.
Here is some pictures of that car , any advice is more than welcome.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

and how to prevent from happining again?
This 2G is very unkempt from ex owners , I dont know how to say on English but both rear "bearings" (google translate :D) are bad , interior is like garbage can , and also there is some rust under the car from middle to the end but only on surface nothing deep like on strut towers.
Some advice or more common problems for 2G Turbo?

It not dirtily , ex owners didnt have good taste and also lack of money for upgrades :D they tried to change covers for the seats , speakers are not i places where they should be........ :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1417096236][/DOUBLEPOST]and also Transmission was automatik and they put manual inside , beside some extra wires and plugs and also tacho does not working its shift ok :D

Last edited:
For the transmission I'd look into the thrust bearing that causes crank walk. Also check for shaft play in the turbo. Little things like interior and paint can be easily fixed just make sure it'd mechanically and structurally sound

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back