The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

General Limp mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swift talon95

Probationary Member
Mar 23, 2017
Colorado springs, Colorado
How exactly do you get out of limp mode on an AWD talon 5spd ive tried jus about everything in my power

This is extremely vague. What are you referring to as limp mode? Do you have a check engine light? What is the car doing? What is "everything in my power"?

The car is running extremely rich I replaced the coils and connectors check engine light is on Ive checked my safc cleaned my mass air flow sensor checked my plugs and wires injectors I just don't know how to resolve this matter

You say check engine light is on... so what are the codes?

Limp mode could be from a plethora of things. Missing or bad Knock sensor, bad MAF, missing or bad O2 sensors (pre and after cat), broken or slightly unplugged CAS sensor, loose injector plugs, MASSIVE boost leak somewhere or clogged to all hell fuel filter. And 100 more things, but maybe start with these?

You need to fill out a profile. We know nothing about your car. What is the code? Has it always ran like this or did it just start? More info please

If you unplug the MAF does it make any difference in the way it runs? Limp mode should switch over to a fuel and timing map based solely on engine RPM and be pig rich.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back