The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

"Leslie": 1998 RS Eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2literking

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 23, 2010
Monroe, Georgia
My first car: a lowered 1998 eclipse. upon purchase, nothing special except for a sub-par paint job, some knock-off BBS rims and a no-name cat-back exhaust. i'm building her up now, mostly body and paint- but next will definitely be the engine: i'm gonna build on the side a monster: low compression pistons, big turbo, better exaust, cams, the whole shebang. my goal- 350 HP i wanna give my FWD buddies a better name- i want to prove that not all fast DSM's have to be AWD. She's still a work in progress, but she looks good. She's not for sale, and i'm not gonna trade her in for a 4g63, so no "why didn't you just go GS-T?"

Basically stock. just a cheap paint job, lowering suspension, and knock off BBS rims (venom).

South Georgia's addition to my car- a smashed front bumper and 2 broken O2 sensors from a shredded truck tire laying in the middle of the road. Thank you, Jacksonville, Ga.

After a mile-long limp into a local gas station, i repaired my beloved leslie with god's gifts to mankind- zip ties and duct tape and drove the remaining 3 hours home.

P.S. Dear trucker who forgot your tire in the middle of Hwy 441
don't worry, bro. i got it. :notgood:

so this is where my build begins.

Attachments

• CIMG0029.jpg
    CIMG0029.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMAG0271.jpg
    IMAG0271.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0270.jpg
    IMAG0270.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Drifter body kit from Carid.com, we put it on ourselves. i do NOT suggest this unless you are a seasoned gearhead. they say "90% fit" on the box, but that last 10% is a pain in the ass.

Attachments

• IMAG0313.jpg
    IMAG0313.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
More pics of the Body kit. I'm serious, this thing was awful to "bolt on." Unless you have 3 days to spend on it, somebody to cry on, and nerves of steel, i suggest sending it in to a body shop if you have the money. they'll do it right, and if they mess it up, it's their bad, and they can fix it. patching fiberglass is tedious.

Attachments

• IMAG0316.jpg
    IMAG0316.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0318.jpg
    IMAG0318.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0321.jpg
    IMAG0321.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMAG0324.jpg
    IMAG0324.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 84
Looks All Good but switch the tail lights to oem and get the turbo spoiler!

Putting on bodykits before building the turbo motor... prepare yourself man... you just opened up a can of whoop *ss from a lot of members on this board.

Putting on bodykits before building the turbo motor... prepare yourself man... you just opened up a can of whoop *ss from a lot of members on this board.

ya, i wanted to build a turbo motor first, but my parents surprised me with the body kit for christmas... kinda bitter sweet. but i'm saving up now for a nice turbo motor. it might take a while, working off minimum wage and i'm going to college in a few weeks...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back