1G Lean Cyl 1/Rich Cyl 4

Posted by ViPER1313, Apr 15, 2018 at 8:26 PM

Please Support Miller Import Parts
  1. ViPER1313

ViPER1313 Probationary Member

Joined Nov 21, 2006
    Ijamsville MD, Maryland
    Hello everyone; long time owner of a 1990 Eagle Talon AWD here. I pulled my plugs today to do a compression test and found that cylinder 1 appears to be running very lean while cylinder 4 is fouled / appears to be gray in color. My injectors were cleaned / balanced less than 1k miles ago, ECU has DSMlink v3 lite and was recapped several years ago. No vacuum / boost leaks that I can find. Compression does not appear to be the issue (numbers in photos below; not perfect but I don’t think it’s to blame.) I am thinking there is an issue with the coil pack, power transistor (ICM) or ECU because of the shared coil on 1/4. Car seems to run OK. Any other ideas what could cause this?

Attached Files: