The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Leaky TurboXS BOV!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95DSMTurbo

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2003
Dayton, Ohio
I made an intake leak tester a few weeks back and hooked it up to the turbo inlet...the results? A HUGE leak in my TurboXS BOV at only 3 psi!!! Really made me wonder what the thing was doing at the 16 psi i was running.

As of right now, i have $250 being credited back to my visa (gotta love summit racing). The question at hand is, which BOV do i buy? This time around, I will definitely buy the upper ic pipe to match the BOV as opposed to the adapter kit i bought for the TurboXS valve.

I plan to purchase a 20g turbo in the near future and i will be running about 15 - 17 psi on the street and 25+ at the track on race gas. Therefore a 1g valve is out of the question, as it only holds 20 psi and I would rather not purchase another TurboXS. As far as recirculating valves go, the Greddy Type-S seems like my best choice at this point. Anyone know how much boost that valve can hold?

Any suggestions are welcomed....

go with Greddy Type S bov, and I'll get you hooked up with a 'dave brode' UICP, which already has the flange welded on the pipe.. That will give you some good increase in performance right there..

David

how much for the dave brode UICP?

i was looking at the dejon tool pipe w/ greddy flange for $105

How many washers did you use to preload the spring on the TXS BOV?

i tried no washers all the way up to all 6 and it still leaked at 3 psi...the leak was actually at the pistion itself...it wasn't forming a tight seal inside the valve

It sounds like you had a defective unit. What exact BOV did you have? We've sold a lot of these and never seen that problem.

turboxs is garbage. get a greddy.

Originally posted by Ben K
It sounds like you had a defective unit. What exact BOV did you have? We've sold a lot of these and never seen that problem.

Mine, before I sold it (RBV-34), leaked until I used silicone to seal it. The adapter kit is the problem, IMO, not the BOV.

Mine never had issues. Works great. Several friends all run them, with no issues. Sounds like you did something wrong or got a defective valve. Did you grease it?

Did you take it apart and see if there was some grit or sand or some shit causing it not to seal?

They are still the best BOV for the money.

I don't know why I am posting this but I have a TurboXS type H and have not one issue with it up to 25psi. Of course it was with washers and sporadic cleaning of the piston and housing.

Originally posted by igs
turboxs is garbage. get a greddy.

The one you had must have been garbage. Mine is great!!!! works just as good as my greddy-s :thumb:

looks like the greddy won...

this friday, i'll be making a trip up to the dejon tool shop to buy the bov and the uicp to go with it (20 mintue trip and $280 total cost...can't beat that!)

looks like the greddy won...

this friday, i'll be making a trip up to the dejon tool shop to buy the bov and the uicp to go with it (20 mintue trip and $280 total cost...can't beat that!)

Originally posted by 95DSMTurbo
(20 mintue trip and $280 total cost...can't beat that!)

I sold my Greddy with the pipe for $175

I had an RFL that leaked like a faucet. IMO the only good BOV's are the Tial, Greddy Type R, and the Sard. And if you think you're Turbo XS isn't leaking, you aren't looking hard enough......

I get a few Turbo XS BOV's back because they are garbage. 9 times out of 10 they either are missing parts or leak or guys just plain think they sound like crap.

Either way with all the problems I try and not sell them anymore.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back