The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G launch control wont work, auto trans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bringmealife88

Probationary Member
Aug 16, 2009
Saraland, Alabama
wondering why my 96 talon tsi awd wont let me power stall at any rpms higher than 2350-2500. when my car was running rich(due to i assume front o2 sensor) it would let me power stall at 3000-3100. i have changed the o2 sensor. had the batt disonnected for couple hrs. i realize it may be limited by a stall converter, but a 3100rpm launch is better than a 2500rpm launch. exspecialy when full boost doesnt bit till 4500rpm on my 16g

How are you tuning the car?

Also, if you aren't hitting full boost until 4500 rpms with a 16g there are probably some problems with your setup, or tune.

Lastly, I noticed a big difference in stall time with my auto setup when the temperature was over 80*.

You will need a pretty loose TC to power stall higher.

Sry for late reply. The tune is stock except for the throttle position is adjusted to allow100% when pressed to the floor n 0-1% when depressed. Also tightened the throttle cable. I reset the rev limit to 2000 instead of 3700 n it worked. So I am thinking its mechanical as far as needing a new stall converter. Also according to the ecm link boost guage I'm hitting 10-11.2 lbs boost at max. But it will only hold at 9lbs around 4300-4500rpm until blow off then it raises to 10 or 11 for a sec. Sounds kinda normal. Just guna need a better converter for take offs. N lastly I live in AL so weather is always above 80. Lol

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back