The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Lancer Evolution III Intake Manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The 64mm is where the UICP would attach. The TB is actually a 60mm opening to the manifold. The 54mm would be the van version. Don't worry, ours are the true Evo version.;)

you can get a RVR 'Hypersports Gear R' which comes with the 16g :sneaky: :D

The 64mm is where the UICP would attach. The TB is actually a 60mm opening to the manifold. The 54mm would be the van version. Don't worry, ours are the true Evo version.;)

That's what I meant. 64mm opening tapered down to 60mm... 100% authentic EVO III TB!! :cool:

White... you never answered my PM that I sent you... or should I call you Jeremiah??

Took me ages to find a pic :)

heres the RVR hypersport.

Far as I know they come with the Evo 3 tranny/engine/Turbo and even the same front mount intercooler :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yeah man, it's me. I hope the logger is working out for you. I just looked at my PMs. Seriously, I don't even know what the odds are of this. I knew your ebay name looked familiar, but I didn't put 2+2 together. I hardly post here, just read. I thought I could share some positive feedback in this thread though. If I see you on the DSMLINK forums, I'll swear I have a stalker.:) Really though, this is weird.

daren_p said:
Anthony, I probably won't be the first with data/logs. My car will be going away as soon as I get it back for getting a custom exhaust done, so mine won't be swapped/run till the spring.

I beg to differ. I'll put money down that you'll be the first DSMer who gets some solid readings and equations (and post them up) with this manifold. Now go to work! :thumb: (That's right, I already removed Luis from this equation. ;))

GreddyGst said:
Anthony, I upgraded my profile because you pointed out I didn't have the evo III manifold haha thanks for the fyi. Good to see some people getting a hold of this rare item. :dsm:

Yeah, I PMed you about that over a year ago. :rolleyes: I wouldn't put it in the "Internals" section, but do what you want.

sd_ff22 said:
I know there are discussions everywhere on tuners about the egr, but I have a question for you guys. ok so I have no provision for an egr in my manifold right? I do live in california but I am also AWD. lets say I leave it connected to vacume and electrical, will I get a cel or run into any other problems?
I would like to see a way to run the EGR that evocarl has shown that reroutes to IC piping instead of welding lines along the #4 runner and pastering an EGR flange to them.

what do you guys think?

If you really want to hook up the OEM EGR valve, take the manifold to a trusted shop and have them fabricate a custom flange for you.

white97gst said:
Maybe we can import some minivan manifolds and make a killing.ROFL

Already in the works.

So, just for clarification. Where do each of these ports hook up to? Port 1 is obviously on the TB, but what does that hook up to?

Attachments

• EVO Mani PLENUM Diagram.JPG
    EVO Mani PLENUM Diagram.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 723
Port 2 is obviously brake booster, 5 and 4 for fpr or boost gauge/anything, 3 for BOV. I have mine setup like this..... Port 2 brake booster, 3 for BOV, 4 for AFPR/boost gauge, 5......I cant remember, somehow I feel like I dont have that one.

I have that one tb port going to my map sensor. The rest are blocked off (I have 63mm rebuilt by Steve Monroe).

Ok guys heres whats going on.
I had smog this past week and to take care of several problems at once I returned the car to almost stock. stock IC pipes, BOV and intake including stock air box.
that is I pulled everything but the HKS Hi-power cat back.
I even went back to stock plug wires, oil cap and radiator cap (I didn't want to hear ANYTHING like "whats that shiny thing under there?")

On stand by to go in I have,
rc 550s,
greddy profec b spec 2,
injen intake with k&n cone filter,
greddy IC pipes with type-S BOV,
Ported 14B, EX manifold and O2 housing,
HRC large FMIC,
255lph,
AND!! Evo3(ish) Intake manifold
I know I have more going back in but can't think of them right now.

My plan is I want to test the evo3 IM on the t-25 for starters to see what the gains are like that and then upgrade more and test again.

OK, I got an airflow Lbs per min reading of 17.98/18.05 when Bone stock.
I will do another once I get the Greddy Pipes, injen and BOV back in.
this is what I want to know. Is it worth it to do a dyno to test these gains or is it ok to just use Lbs per Min to see how the airflow changes?

I only ask because One is as easy and cheap as taking a drive, and the other is expensive and there is not an AWD dyno near me.

also, the Evo 3 IM will not be going into the car until I get a hold of a 1G throttle body and a magnus phenolic gasket/spacer.

what do you guys think?

-Dan

I'm picking up an EVO II (2) manifold shortly and I'm thinking it's no different from the III (3). When it's in-hand, I'll foto it and confirm critical dims.

What's the most trouble-free (no conversion headaches) and highest-value upgraded TB for a 2G? I'm guessing a fresh 1G TB?

Progress report again,
I Picked up a Hondata intake manifold spacer/gasket and a 1G throttle body. I've stripped the TB to clean and paint it and replace the shaft seals. After I use the ultra sonic parts washer, I am going to paint the TB high temp aluminum so it doesn't look so dull.
I've aso ported my TB inlet on the IM to match the new throttle body.

More later.

-Dan

A buddie of mine just got a motor from an RVR to put in his 2nd gen and he is giving me the intake mani for the sweet price of me helping him tune the car for the bigger turbo. He put his stock 2g intake mani back on it. The RVR will be going on the motor I'm in the works of building right now. YAY!!!!!!:shhh:

Anyone else seeing double? :sneaky:

Now with two, I can make double the power! LOL

There are some subtle differences between the two IMs. One of them is that the plenum throat has been ported out to 61mm, unlike the other IM, which is about 60-to-60.5mm. The end of the runners have also been slightly ported out, to about 28.5-to-29mm x 56mm.

Drool, bitches. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the part that some people have been after (who aren't looking to go with a COP setup).

Anyone else seeing double? :sneaky:

Now with two, I can make double the power! LOL

There are some subtle differences between the two IMs. One of them is that the plenum throat has been ported out to 61mm, unlike the other IM, which is about 60-to-60.5mm. The end of the runners have also been slightly ported out, to about 28.5-to-29mm x 56mm.

Drool, bitches. :D

Lucky Bastard :thumb:
I was bidding on that one too I just didnt have that much money right that minute
Congrats if you ever want to get rid of one of those let me know :sneaky:
I would gladly take one off your hands if you would let me :D

Oh, I'm SOOO jealous. I want that way clean badge on my mani... not to mention the coil pack. Nice find! :thumb: Although I noticed that you still don't have an EGR port.

You still wanna trade?? :sneaky:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back