The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Kyle Henny's Drag GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shit has gotten serious no more hx40 here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 240
Thanks man. Yeah it's enough to blow my motor. I went with the 1.15 twin scroll t4 We'll see how she holds. Mahle and scat ftw!

Top mount is in the works, just finished collector mockup. Ready to weld.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
It was making power, 68lb per min, on a 69lb per min rating my problems were untuned suspension, stock valve springs 8k short shifts, bogging into 2nd and bc272's, bald street tires and 1.9 60's all of these are going to be remedied.

Oh i did also find a nice pinch in my diaphragm 44mm mvr, replaced that, could have made a negative affect could have not i dont know, better safe than sry

As For your lag comment thats possible, but probably not considering the turbine is smaller and compressor exducer are the same spec better aero on both wheels, and ball bearing..twin scroll will make up for it so I'm actually anticipating the same 5200rpm 30psi if not sooner, but time will tell.

On top of it all i got a screaming deal so i couldnt not.

Also, I'm making a move to scottsdale arizona and will also be switching to e85 :)

Last edited:
130's traps on that turbo is not making power. That's a good 16g setup territory.
No one is going 140 with a bogged 2nd shift on that turbo and untuned suspension and street tires it's a driver mod thing too, i havnt been able to go to the track as much as I'd like. In fact, i only went once in july in 2014

There are obvioualy more factors than just the turbo car weighed 3100 with me in it too

Time will tell what this new turbo can do and the changes I'm making to compliment it. I'm confident everything will work out just fine

Last edited:
Damn Kyle, lookin good bro! Last time i was on the forums i remember checking ur build. I'm jumping back in to dsms to finish my abandoned project.
Great work on that mani

Had some issues with the stm half rad being a little thick so I'm getting an mk3 rad to fit under the rad support and then wastegate placement and welding!

Nevermind my other post. I see. Looks good man.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back